Signature treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havering Beauty Academy

Reaction score
Do any of you make up treatment names for something you have put together or call certain treatments different names for example not just classic or luxury facial? Hope I've made sense lol

Yep I do this for pretty much all my treatments, it is all part of my individual image and my clients seem to love my quirkyness

My two latest treatments are an all over body scrub and moisturise and a body scrub moisturise and manual tan.

They are my 'Body Bling!' treatments and they are called

Silk 'n' Smooth (Pimp My hide)
and
Relax & Glow (You got Sol)

you can see all my other treatments on my website (still working on this!)
Betty's Beauty - Treatments

xx:)

I don't give it a special name but with my nailart I don't even have to mention it. My clients come to me for my nailart, it is a given that that is what they want on top of gel polish or extensions. So really that is my signature treatment.

Yep I do this for pretty much all my treatments, it is all part of my individual image and my clients seem to love my quirkyness

My two latest treatments are an all over body scrub and moisturise and a body scrub moisturise and manual tan.

They are my 'Body Bling!' treatments and they are called

Silk 'n' Smooth (Pimp My hide)
and
Relax & Glow (You got Sol)

you can see all my other treatments on my website (still working on this!)
Betty's Beauty - Treatments

xx:)

Absolute love your treatment menu, such a personal touch xx

Absolute love your treatment menu, such a personal touch xx

Aw thank you for the complement, I spent a fair while coming up with names and was a bit nervous about using some of them at first, but actually am pleased I did as it makes me a little different.

I recommend to any geeks out there having at least one signature treatment which you have created yourself and given a name which reflects your style can help you to gain loyal clients who like you for your style and individuality x

Also a great talking point for advertising your business x
:)

I think I need to look at this for my own menus, I've always been so traditional with treatment titles. Although I've just come up with one........when doing express lashes ...... Lash n Dash.......???? Lol.

Loving the topic, we all need a little reinvention edge xxx

I think I need to look at this for my own menus, I've always been so traditional with treatment titles. Although I've just come up with one........when doing express lashes ...... Lash n Dash.......???? Lol.

Loving the topic, we all need a little reinvention edge xxx

I love Lash 'n' Dash.

It is so true what you say about being traditional. I think often us therapists are nervous of being too different for fear of excluding certain clients, however often showing your personality and creative side can actually boost interest in your business (afterall a lot of our job relies on our creativity, such as make- up, nail art etc) and can reveal a little of your personality to a client before they even meet you.

There are lots of us out there and creating your own little unique selling point can only be a good thing and might even help some of us to boost our marketing and move away for solely using price to compete with each other (dropping prices is a fools game in the long run).

After all we are all selling a product with attached customer service, why not make that product sound appealing to the client and something the would like to 'buy into'......it's a bit like creating your own lifestyle brand that your loyal clients want to be part of. x

We could use this thread pehaps as you suggest to help each other out with naming and creating treatments for our businesses.

:hug:

This is what I am trying to do at the moment. I am combining foot health treatments along with pedicures, leg massage and the 'Orb' and paraffin wax. Also an option to have Vinylux.

I am pretty much just offering the foot health and medical pedicures at the moment (and manicures sometimes). But I want to offer custom treatments with different aims.

I am spending a lot of time just 'thinking' and also trying out all my pedicure spa range on friends and family (the cnd marine range) and seeing which can be done waterless - which cant - and which are messy! Also will be integrating paraffin wax - both from the orb to just treat small areas like dry/hard skin and from the paraffin wax bath for the whole foot - again brushed on. And toe waxing....

I cant see the woods for the trees at the moment. Foot health is the main thing, but I want to integrate these other things. And then there is facial rejuvenation massage I want to do - sort of as an extra - and also the moisture treatments for hands including paraffin wax. And Vinylux

Sorry I seem to have gone on... Bascially I want to make my own routines up, name them and fit them into my footcare business. (thinking the hands and face bit might not fit in..)

x

This is what I am trying to do at the moment. I am combining foot health treatments along with pedicures, leg massage and the 'Orb' and paraffin wax. Also an option to have Vinylux.

I am pretty much just offering the foot health and medical pedicures at the moment (and manicures sometimes). But I want to offer custom treatments with different aims.

I am spending a lot of time just 'thinking' and also trying out all my pedicure spa range on friends and family (the cnd marine range) and seeing which can be done waterless - which cant - and which are messy! Also will be integrating paraffin wax - both from the orb to just treat small areas like dry/hard skin and from the paraffin wax bath for the whole foot - again brushed on. And toe waxing....

I cant see the woods for the trees at the moment. Foot health is the main thing, but I want to integrate these other things. And then there is facial rejuvenation massage I want to do - sort of as an extra - and also the moisture treatments for hands including paraffin wax. And Vinylux

Sorry I seem to have gone on... Bascially I want to make my own routines up, name them and fit them into my footcare business. (thinking the hands and face bit might not fit in..)

x

In brief to start you need to write down the core aim of each of the treatments you want to create (no reinventing the wheel here!).

for example with the foot health (not sure what your qualifications or areas of expertise are) you need to establish how you intend to reach your treatment aim ...eg massage type, product useage, timing etc then formulate the routine to achieve that specific aim.

Then you are ready to 'name that aim' for example

Aim of treatment- basic pedicure & foot and lower leg relaxation

Create treatment protocol- eg (soak with relaxing soak, file and tidy cuticle, foot file, relaxing gentle foot scrub, warming foot mask whilst leg massage performed. mask removal with hot cloths then application of calming foot cream and leg gel.

Naming of treatment based on aim = Get those Happy Feet! (infers to client a pedicure treatment which will give them a revitalised and relaxed outcome)

Treatment description- this needs to a be succinct explanation of each stage of the treatment to inform the client of the treatment (keep simple, no waffle)

It's a process of breaking down each treatment into elements and is a type of product design.

Try this approach and see how it works, being more methodical in your planning and breaking each treatment down will hopefully help you to create the treatments you ultimately want to offer your clients.

Hope this helps and this is how i worked on my menus :)

xx

In brief to start you need to write down the core aim of each of the treatments you want to create (no reinventing the wheel here!).

for example with the foot health (not sure what your qualifications or areas of expertise are) you need to establish how you intend to reach your treatment aim ...eg massage type, product useage, timing etc then formulate the routine to achieve that specific aim.

Then you are ready to 'name that aim' for example

Aim of treatment- basic pedicure & foot and lower leg relaxation

Create treatment protocol- eg (soak with relaxing soak, file and tidy cuticle, foot file, relaxing gentle foot scrub, warming foot mask whilst leg massage performed. mask removal with hot cloths then application of calming foot cream and leg gel.

Naming of treatment based on aim = Get those Happy Feet! (infers to client a pedicure treatment which will give them a revitalised and relaxed outcome)

Treatment description- this needs to a be succinct explanation of each stage of the treatment to inform the client of the treatment (keep simple, no waffle)

It's a process of breaking down each treatment into elements and is a type of product design.

Try this approach and see how it works, being more methodical in your planning and breaking each treatment down will hopefully help you to create the treatments you ultimately want to offer your clients.

Hope this helps and this is how i worked on my menus :)

xx

Lores, this is superb! What did you do before beauty?

I'm printing this out and using it as a guide from now on!

Thank you so much!!

Xx

Lores, this is superb! What did you do before beauty?

I'm printing this out and using it as a guide from now on!

Thank you so much!!

Xx
No problem, that's why we all love this forum x
I worked in product development, design and project management :0) x

Im marking this for a later date ;)

Lores, thanks for sharing this. Superb!

Thank you Lores for all your advice - you have been so helpful. I have spent today writing things down and looking at products etc. Have divided it into Foot Health Treatments, add ons, and other stand alone therapies.

So I will have all my foot health treatments listed normally, and for example I have a calllus and corn treatment - which I use a scalpal and moores spinning disc for followed by urea cream.

But one of my add ons will be 'super soft soles' which could be CND sea scrub, cnd hydrating oil, paraffin wax and cucumber heel therapy with a bit of light rasping if required. So this could be added onto the callus and corn treatment. Going to work out other add ons too - like addressing nail issues - solar oil and cuticle eraser etc, and also vinylux.

And the stand alone therapies are reflexology and face and scalp massage.

Writing it down and approaching it logically is definately the way to go. Thanks again Lores.

x

Thank you Lores for all your advice - you have been so helpful. I have spent today writing things down and looking at products etc. Have divided it into Foot Health Treatments, add ons, and other stand alone therapies.

So I will have all my foot health treatments listed normally, and for example I have a calllus and corn treatment - which I use a scalpal and moores spinning disc for followed by urea cream.

But one of my add ons will be 'super soft soles' which could be CND sea scrub, cnd hydrating oil, paraffin wax and cucumber heel therapy with a bit of light rasping if required. So this could be added onto the callus and corn treatment. Going to work out other add ons too - like addressing nail issues - solar oil and cuticle eraser etc, and also vinylux.

Writing it down and approaching it logically is definately the way to go. Thanks again Lores.

x

You are most welcome:0)
Enjoy putting your menus together and thanks to Havering Beauty Academy for starting the thread on this topic

xx

No problem, that's why we all love this forum x
I worked in product development, design and project management :0) x

Thought that your background was something like that!

Xx

Lores i looked at your menu but cant for the lofe of me figure oit what hobo is? Please can you explain, i may just be thick lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

x

I think 'Super Soft Soles' is a great treatment name xx:D

Lores i looked at your menu but cant for the lofe of me figure oit what hobo is? Please can you explain, i may just be thick lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

It means 'without a home' and is a reference to my business being on a mobile basis.

xx

ah got you now, im used to it being reffered to as 'without a home' but very clever haha

Latest posts

Back