Skin breakout

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandydee

Reaction score
Hi Geeks. I am after some professional advice regarding a client in her 60's who over the last three months has developed rosacea on her nose. Today she came for her appointment sporting several red flat spots on her chin. This area was not angry looking but was still noticable. After a chat about her current skincare routine I have recommeded supplements from the ANP range & given samples of skincare (Monu at present but I am Environ trained so as soon as my account is open I will have her come to a Visia event!)
She is a highly stressed person so I have advised that she tries to incorperate quiet times to de-stress! She leads a healthy lifestyle, very good diet & excerises regularly, not overweight. She takes meds for chloesterol & stomach reflux.
Anyway back to the point of skincare. Her current routine is a Clarins or Dermatologica cleanser (whichever she has to hand) but only one cleanse, I have strongly advised cleansing twice as she uses Estee Lauder double wear foundation which I am not a fan of at all..knowing what it contains. She also uses Palmers Daily Calming Lotion & Garnier BB cream. As I have explained to her, these are OTC products and using several from different ranges is not at all ideal.
Is there any other advice I may have given?

She needs to see her doctor, or has she already?

She has a GP appointment scheduled for Monday & I will see her again next week. x

Wait until you've got your environ in. Probably do a pre cleanse, cleanse and avst body oil or avst 1.

I think double wear is quite heavy. Have you got Jane Iredale? This would give her great coverage but great protection as well.

Vic x

Out of interest, what supplements have you recommended? PM me if you'd prefer x

Thank you all for taking the time to for reply.
Vic, I have sent you a pm. I haven't got JI as yet but will be moving towards that so I have the 'power three'. x

If she's using so many different ranges it won't be helping, less is more. I'm a Dermalogica salon so I'd have recommended ultracalming cleanser, mist and concentrate - possibly super sensitive shield SPF. I agree Jane Iredale would be a great replacement for her double wear foundation as its of no benefit to the skin where JI is. If your a Monu Salon the sensitive range calming cleanser & toner, cleansing balm and calming cream plus recovery balm - all great for sensitive, red stressed skins. X

Thank you all for taking the time to for reply.
Vic, I have sent you a pm. I haven't got JI as yet but will be moving towards that so I have the 'power three'. x
Is it me? Can't find your message but I'm sure I replied x

Dr Murad have a great range called Redness Therapy which is great for Rosacea.

Vitamin C products such as Obagi Professional C Serum or a similar Vitamin C serum would be a good option too as it helps to strengthen the capillary walls.

IPL is also a really great option for Rosacea as is helps to breakdown the redness for the body to reabsorb it, a course of sessions will be needed, spaced every 4 weeks or so...and top up sessions will be needed in future to help keep it as bay. Finding a skin care range that works well alongside is the best option for overall skin health :)
Oh and a high SPF of course, Heliocare do a fab one, especially if she is thinking the IPL route!

I do a therapeutic range for eczema ,psoriasis, demerits, rosacea,here my email [email protected] if you like to no more

I would definitely say wait for your Environ account to start and get her on that, will be good to get her onto a routine of using the same brand of products and not mix and matching, I am qualified in Environ and have seen so many good results in clients and even myself! Maybe try her on avst 1 as she is more on the mature side so her current levels of vitamin a in the skin will be significantly lower, maybe worth trying her on colostrum gel too, hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back