Rent a room advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ettech

Reaction score
Hi all,
i need some clarifying answer please.
I am currently renting a room although my land lady is very nice, but i feel a bit uncomfortable, I wanted my business for a long time but i feel like i am working for somebody.

Was given the impression i would own the room by myself but now she will employed a new person to do exactly what i do.
About opening up, she open her salon only in the afternoon which only give me 5h or 6h a day work and i do it 3 days a week. i find it a waste of my time because I have message of clients who want to book in the morning but i have to persuade them to do the afternoon, and i cant provide that as i do not have the key to open up,

I have to wait come rain or shine outside the door if she is late which is often. Its a bit stressful as i don't know how to say it to her and the salon look always dirty when i come back after a few days as i always clean it so i and my client feel comfortable.
I guess its courage to speak up that i'm asking for.
please advice.
thanks

Hi that sounds awful, sorry she is like that with you. If you are self employed and manage your own clients and pay her rent then you should have a key to let yourself in & be able to decide on your own hours. You are potentially loosing clients because of her. Can you rent a room elsewhere?
I would be looking for more freedom to work when I wanted, I am sure your clients would follow you too :)

When renting a room, you should have a key so you can come and go when you please.
Look for a another room somewhere else. I think she’s using you to get customers for her employed therapist to take over.

I would look for somewhere else to be honest she sounds a bit of a nightmare. I rented a room the woman I rented it from was ok in the beginning but began to get difficult later on. She was asking my clients why they were coming to me and not her. So I left and set up my own business and shes still been a nightmare. Messaging rude message to me honestly dont even know if she qualified to do the treatments she does as I've never seen a certificate x

Latest posts

Back