Skin scanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angellcake

Reaction score
Hi all
Does anybody use a skin scanner at work? Do you find it easy to use? Is it useful in analysing your clients skin? Are the colours easy to see?

Any comments regarding skin scanning would be very helpful! :)

Many thanks

Angellcake

I use the Collin SkinScope - this is a state of the art peice of equipment that really wows the client and reinforces the therapists knowledge. It is a highpowered camera that has interchangeable lense, of dif magnification. It also uses a moisture sensor and sebum monitor. It can see down into the layers of the skin and see damage and potential problems for the future. It gives an accurate diagnosis which can be repeated after 3 months/or a course of treatment - the client can then see the results for themselves - ultra bonus! Alas you ccan only use this system if you are a Collin Stockist, but they have fab treatments and retail products - customer care second to none - etc

i had my skin age etc. taken with a beau visage machine. It was amazing! The rep was very nice too.
Beau Visage

does anybody have an average cost of these machines? i cant seem to find this info on the internet?

I am just buying an american version that costs £6K but analyses where lines are now, where they are going to appear, pigmentation, acne/spots, redness and sundamage.

Its fab to show clients that before and after in full detail so they know you are making a difference to their skin.

6K sounds like lots of money, but It will pay for itself in no time.

Clients are always wanting to try different creams or facials to get results, and I have found whilst you always get your loyals, you have those floating clients to that will go anywhere and try anything!

With this machine if the client sees what you do and the skincare you sell is achieving results then they are less likely to flit to another product or salon especially if they dont have this piece of equipment.

Kate

Latest posts

Back