Small Children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I use a mobile technician is because I have two small children and arranging childcare whilst I go to a salon would be too much hassle.
When my lady comes over I always make sure they are occupied and generally they don't disturb us. If she suddenly stipulated a rule that she wouldn't want children around, I would find someone else - and she would loose a client.

I think as long as the mother has the child occupied and doesn't ignore them and let them run wild it's perfectly fine to have kids around. We've had kids in the salon and some are so well behaved... Others.. Not so much. There's nothing worse than a child running around screaming at the top of their voice while their mother sits ignoring them. Or picking everything up touching it. I had a mother come in with a baby for shellac and the minute I started she wanted to pick him up and feed him with a bottle. I had to do one hand fully and then swap and do the other, while I have no problem with this usually it was a very busy day and it ended up taking me twice as long and putting me behind with other clients. Today one lady was having her hair done and left her 7 year old daughter to run around upstairs screaming for her to come up to her. She just ignored her. Then the child started screeching and I ran upstairs while her mother sat unconcerned, I was thinking she was after getting something caught around her neck or her arm or hand caught. Turns out she was just screaming for no reason. You just have to grin and bare it.

Well, I had a 2 year old in my salon today while his mum had a half leg and underarm wax. What an absolute joy! He was adorable and I had a little giggle with him x

children are the best selling point if you structure extra time in for them and their parents as boys and men can join in with manicures and pedis too

its the half term so i've began doing little girl pamper parties for £40, each child gets a mini pedicure or manicure and a little gift bag each, max 6 children
when the children have gone bed this is when i would do the parents session with me that night would usually cost them 60

iif its a mothers session only i would give each child a job to do, or a nail art template sheet as its amazing to see the ideas they come up with especially when you've hit a block
(most women have children so working with them pays off brilliantly

Latest posts

Back