Small problem with Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shars

Reaction score
hope someone can figure this out , have been working with gelish the last 3 months and was having no probs with it and absolutely love it , but fr the past week or two after i apply my finishing wipe with lint free wipe, one or sometimes 2 of the nails are looking dead / opaque looking , not high gloss like the others , wat would be the reasoning for this ?

hope someone can figure this out , have been working with gelish the last 3 months and was having no probs with it and absolutely love it , but fr the past week or two after i apply my finishing wipe with lint free wipe, one or sometimes 2 of the nails are looking dead / opaque looking , not high gloss like the others , wat would be the reasoning for this ?

Hey, it could be hand placement in the lamp (18g. Has to be just so) also do you leave it 30 secs after curing before wiping? And do use a small amount on a cotton pad- not lint free? So the way I was shown is wait 30 secs, wipe over once all nails then turn cotton pad over and squeak each nail to a high shine.

Also are you in Facebook? There is a harmony education group now you can be added to by your educator. Hth! X

If you use the same pad for all nails it might be a sticky residue from the rest of the nails being transferred on one or two.
Also, as gem-gem's says - you need to wait a little while before you wipe them.

Normally thats a sign that the topcoat has fully cured , in my case normally happens on the thumbs .

Sry that meant to say 'hasn't fully cured'

thanks for all ur responses , il make sure to wait the 30 seconds the next time , and il be careful to use fresh wipe , and if its a top coat issue would it not be happening to all of the nails ? as i was also thinking that and then i started thinking would it be a fault with the lamp? but il do all of the above to see wat happens , Thanks so much for your help guys xx

oh and whats the facebook page ? with thanks x

thanks for all ur responses , il make sure to wait the 30 seconds the next time , and il be careful to use fresh wipe , and if its a top coat issue would it not be happening to all of the nails ? as i was also thinking that and then i started thinking would it be a fault with the lamp? but il do all of the above to see wat happens , Thanks so much for your help guys xx
I use one wipe for 5 nails but different part of it for each nail if it makes sense.
Check all the bulbs in the lamp are ok - but there would be a problem with the same nails every time if it was the lamp...

Hand placement in the 18g is key, use only a Tiny amount of cleanse on a cotton pad, you can use too much this doesn't give the best shine. Get in touch with your educator to be added its technical advice for harmony trained techs. X

Latest posts

Back