Quantcast

smiles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Posh Paws

Reaction score
when i do a set of gels they always look great .... however after about a week they dont look so great ..... my smile line obviously moves with the nail growth but to me they look like i have not placed it properly....after a week this should surely not happen ?

if i were to place the smile line further down the nail it would look awful am i doing something wrong ???????

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Your natural smile line wont be perfectly shaped like we do with white on a french...so when the nail grows and the white moves down the nail you may see some of you natural smile line in places and not in others...making your POW/white area look uneven, when in fact its your natural smile line that is uneven....hope that makes sense.

The whites should last longer than a week really, i would move it further up the nail to give you a little longer...if as you say this would look terrible then a coverage gel/powder to elongate your nail bed first and then place the white would be better. x

Posh Paws

Reaction score
Your natural smile line wont be perfectly shaped like we do with white on a french...so when the nail grows and the white moves down the nail you may see some of you natural smile line in places and not in others...making your POW/white area look uneven, when in fact its your natural smile line that is uneven....hope that makes sense.

The whites should last longer than a week really, i would move it further up the nail to give you a little longer...if as you say this would look terrible then a coverage gel/powder to elongate your nail bed first and then place the white would be better. x

Thanks i will try and move the white further up ..... when you say elongate nail bed first do you mean use a mask of sticky layer like a mix of rad pink with white ? to hide natural nail in full ?

Thanks in advance

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
yeah you can get coverage gels that will hide your natural smile line...you would use this in-place of whatever you use now..pink/clear. Or if you are L&P then a coverage powder can be used. x

Latest posts