So many questions? - Renting per week or commission of sales?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeKay

Reaction score
I am hoping that the good folks of salon geek can help me!!!

I think I have been given a fantastic opportunity, but would like a little help on the nitty gritty please guys.

Let me explain.

I have been given an opportunity to go into a new nail and beauty salon to offer hair extensions with no rent, just to pay a commission on my sales, which is fine. I know if I dont sell anything I dont earn anything, but there again if I dont sell anything I dont have to pay any rent. So I am fine with this.

As a bonus, in exchange for manning reception when i am not busy and the therapist is, she will give me a hand with my nail course, and when ready allow me to offer my services at student rates until i pass my course when i can then offer full nail services. this is where i need the help.
should i go for the same arrangement as i will have for the hair, or should i rent the table for set days times and hope i earn enough for the rent or as a third option should i use her products and just get paid a set amount per set?
also, for nails, what is the going rates for rent a table, or commission etc?

hoping you guys can help me out here, as i didnt think i would be dealing with this yet and am bit out of my depth!!!!

Another thing is to do spray tanning, but i would have to save for a while to afford the kit and training unless anyone knows of a company that do installments??? unlikely i know

wow cant really help but good luck with it all i am sure there will be somone on here that can give you the advice you need

not sure if this helps any but i pay £100 per week ( 5 days) for a beauty room and a nail desk ( all equiptment is my own)

good luck what ever you decide to do

wow cant really help but good luck with it all i am sure there will be somone on here that can give you the advice you need

hope so! lol
and thanks for the good luck
x

not sure if this helps any but i pay £100 per week ( 5 days) for a beauty room and a nail desk ( all equiptment is my own)

good luck what ever you decide to do

thanks hun..... i assume you provide all your own products too?
x

any other nail techs that can advise on renting a table?
am having another meeting with her next week.....

Latest posts

Back