Social Media competitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPampered

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im hoping someone can throw some ideas my way.

On the lead up to christmas I was looking at doing a range of competitions on my facebook page to create as much interest in my business as possible. I wouldn't to do something a little bit different rather than the norm of like and share the page, but this is where im struggling for ideas.

So far I've come up with:
- Posting a range of christmas nail art designs, getting people to pick their favourite, an the winner wins that design of there choice of nails.
- To create a christmas themed beauty treatment (not so sure on the prize for this one yet)
- Best reason to treat yourself to a beauty treatment
- A keep calm & ___ picture - fill in the blank, best answer wins
- Guess the amount of nail tips in the jar
- A photo competition of some sort

As you can see I'm not overly creative, so if anyone can think of some ideas I would really appreciate it :) xx

These are great ideas, I love the first one :)
I had a competition before where people had to tell jokes or one liners & the best one wins, good interest in it. & a bit of a laugh! Maybe make it a christmas joke?

Also seen another great thread on here for a '12 days of christmas" giveaway and give something away each day ( small saving, cuticle oil etc.) starting with "on the first day of christmas my nail tech gave to me..) brilliant ideas on that thread too but cant remember what it's called unfortunately!

I remember reading that...ill find it and have another look...thanks x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I was looking for thread in 12 days of Xmas, has anyone found it?

Jemima :)

Hey! Have you thought of doing a joint Facebook and Instagram post? Best DIY Christmas nail art photo gets a free professional treatment? If there's one thing Insta-grammers love it's posting pics of nails! Most people post to FB when they upload a photo so the two work really well together (I find, anyway!)

Dani

Hey! Have you thought of doing a joint Facebook and Instagram post? Best DIY Christmas nail art photo gets a free professional treatment? If there's one thing Insta-grammers love it's posting pics of nails! Most people post to FB when they upload a photo so the two work really well together (I find, anyway!)

Dani

Thats a brillaint idea thank you!

Thats a brillaint idea thank you!

That's okay!

Do you use text marketing at all? We ran a comp where we sent out a link to Facebook with a 'click through and then enter' kind of thing. Worked well so if you have it, it wouldn't hurt to use it for that as well as promos etc :)

It's not to do with Christmas but we have a 'guess who it is' competition going on at the moment on our social media pages.

As it's Children in Need on Friday, the office ladies have decided to all dress up as the same person and each day, we've been posting clues as to who we are. Correct answers will be put into a hat and drawn out to win a luxury skincare gift set and we'll donate the retail value to Children in Need (amongst other fundraising activities we're all doing at head office).

It's all a bit of fun and all for a great cause - customers have been facebooking, tweeting and emailing all their guesses so we're having a great reaction from it, all whilst helping raise awareness and funds for a great cause. https://www.facebook.com/SilhouetteInternationalLLP?ref=hl

Does anyone know how the Facebook competition rules run? I know there are rules, but no idea what they are.

These guys are on Twitter @isalonsoftware and also have a blog salon software blog where they post tips on how to make customers happy and ideas for being more creative with your salon management. competitions/marketing etc. really helpful :)

Latest posts

Back