Social media photographs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Doyle

Reaction score
Any one else just simply useles at taking photographs of their work?

I find the lighting is brutal in the salon and make up pics look brutal even though they are nice in person!

I am only using my phone so I'm wondering is there any app that will help? Xx

Thanks

I use my phone I have a iPhone and edit the photos take the shadows out....make it a Little brighter etc ....it's all there on your phone x

Yeh I have the same issues....would love to know how people take good pics of makeup.

I have same issues but with hair!!

I am the same, can't figure it out!x

Anyone have any tips....esp for makeup.

I use my phone I have a iPhone and edit the photos take the shadows out....make it a Little brighter etc ....it's all there on your phone x
I Genuinely diddnt know this! Omg I love it! Thank you for pointing that out!

Instagram is great for editing too. I love the sharpening tool on it

If you can afford it invest in ring light or a beauty dish light - ring light will be cheaper but still very effective

as above, a beauty flash light to attach to your phone is ideal - cost less than £10 and also filters on Instagram!!

After lots of googling i founder a good app pic lab for adjusting the light levels to make all my pics look prettier without looking edited x

Any one else just simply useles at taking photographs of their work?

I find the lighting is brutal in the salon and make up pics look brutal even though they are nice in person!

I am only using my phone so I'm wondering is there any app that will help? Xx

Thanks
Line camera and pics art x

We have this issue after treating clients for hair loss with scalp micropigmentation their heads can be shiny under the light. Sometimes have to get clients to stand out of the direct light. Using instagram to sharpen pictures or reduce the light etc can help also as someone else said.

After lots of googling i founder a good app pic lab for adjusting the light levels to make all my pics look prettier without looking edited x

Thank you going yo try this

I have a daylight lamp which is great but recently bought a £7 selfie ring light and it's amazing! The difference in the pics is fab.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481013900.587864.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481013921.995662.jpg

1st is my daylight lamp and 2nd is the selfie ring then sharpened on instagram. I don't change colours as it's kinda misleading for clients

Ciderella what phone do you have, the second pic looks amazing, does anyone use a light box? Xx

Ciderella what phone do you have, the second pic looks amazing, does anyone use a light box? Xx
That's using my iPhone 6s which is broken.
This is using an old iPhone 5! The light makes such a difference
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481018076.852839.jpg

I have a daylight lamp which is great but recently bought a £7 selfie ring light and it's amazing! The difference in the pics is fab.
View attachment 202472View attachment 202473
1st is my daylight lamp and 2nd is the selfie ring then sharpened on instagram. I don't change colours as it's kinda misleading for clients

Looks fab I use a daylight lamp which is great for my own nails but sometimes reflects on clients nails. Where did you get the selfie ring light from?

I've just bought a selfie ring light after seeing your pictures @ciderella71!
It looks like it makes so much difference!!

@rachelizabeth I bought mine from eBay for £7.99 and should be here Thursday :)

@Beauty Tips thank you! Might order one, do you have the link to the one you got? Don't want to waste money on a rubbish one :)

Latest posts

Back