Soon to be hairdresser needing advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazza83

Reaction score
good evening all,
I am starting a hairdressing course in septenmber and i know a few students already doing the course and they have said that you will need a lot of training heads,now they didn't know theis before the course so had to pay a price for new ones...Can anyone tell me where i can get any cheap i have already looked on ebay and they range from £7 up wards but not many are actually under £25,any one who can help me would be fantastic :)
sazza

You should only need 2. Best place to get them is Sally or Capital. Salon direct also sells them.

i'll have a look in those places thank you for helping me :)
sazza

you normally get 1 in with your college kit?
x

I have friends already doing this course and they have told me you do go through a fair few of these heads.I cannot wait to get on this course i am just waiting for the college to send out the letter now with a interview date on it.
sazza

Im currently doing my level two, finished my first year today. i have three heads, this is only because i cut my forward graduation really wrong, both heads were included in my college kits and i bought one from salon suppliers so i could use a different one as mine was looking awful, but thinking about it now my old dolls head is still got plenty of hair to cut, it was only the front bit which i cut far too short. But my tutor said we should get 17 cuts in each block thats why we only cut as minimal of an amount of it as possible. But they are expensive, i wold only buy them as you need them though, if you dont cut too much off them you shouldnt need more than two hope i helped xx

i had one head when i was at college and this was provided as part of my kit,and i got myself one to practise my graduated bob on as i wasn't that confident with cutting them!

Last edited:
Hi. I know that this isnt what you had posted, but i noticed that you mentioned waiting for a letter from college with interview date. I have got my interview on 20th july, really nervous. Just wondered if you had had yours and if so what was it like. Dont seem to be able to get any information about it. When do you find out if you have got on the course. I have been told that it is a first come first served. I know interviews have been running last month so not sure how promising it sounds for me. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Last edited:
i have just finished my hairdressing course and in 2 years iv used 2 heads one i kept long to practise pin ups and long styles! with the other the teacher worked the way through the cuts from long to short so we didnt have to buy new heads! i supose all colleges work differently!

being a hair dresser is not an easy job.. we need lots of training.. and time to learn things.. always remember we are handling real people not a dummy.. so we better be careful all the time..

Kimmy Shop Promotional Code

Last edited:
heads probably will be around £20, just watch with ebay there are some really cheap ones from china that are totally useless synthetic hair that you cant use heated tools on x

Latest posts

Back