Space to rent in town centre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new girl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for all the helpful and kind advise you have all posted to me.

One for today, what is the average price you should expect to pay to rent a room in town centre salon. I have a couple of people to see, but do not want them to take advantage of me been a new starter.

:irked:

I just started in a new place and they are working it so that I make 60% commission until I can build a clientele then they will transition me to booth rent where I will pay 100 USD per week (66.5 GBP).

:lol:thanks for that, how are you finding your new career? What did you find was the most succesful marketing you used? did you put ads in the local press and do promotional poster drops?

Well for me it was a unique thing. My salon was doing a fundraiser for two charities, and during my interview I was asked if I could come and help out since she was let down by the beauty school. We had about 100 people in the salon over the course of 3 hours and most of them wanted nail polish applications (for buying a ticket that cost 20 USD, they got their choice of three mini services such as brow wax, neck or shoulder massage, polish application, etc). Most of them were regular hair clients and they brought a friend or a relative along with them, so my boss was also talking me up and letting them know I would be working there.

When I started the two days later we did a mass email to our client list with a "Meet Rachel Special" which is 25 percent off their nail services in the month of December. The special is also listed on our website under the services section, and on the page where clients wish to book their appointment.

I am looking into trying to put a spot in the newspaper depending on how much money it costs. Whenever I go to a restraunt if my attendant is a female I will slip my business card in with her tip. Also remember your own nails are some of your best advertising. If anyone asks me where I got my nails done I smile and say "Oh I do them myself" and hand them a card.

Right now it's slow but good. Alot of time to research with the occasional client. I know it's the start of something great.

Whenever I go to a restraunt if my attendant is a female I will slip my business card in with her tip.

That's a brilliant idea!!!! How come I never thought of that??!!
XXX

Latest posts

Back