Speed of your efile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzlingnails

Reaction score
Hey there. I am wondering when doing a gel nail fill and you are removing old gel and color what speed should your efile be at? If mine is slow I tend to push hard. If its fast I dont want to make people warm. What is the perfect speed?

Depends on your efile but should be fast enough that it doesn’t snag or catch. There should be a firm pressure applied but you shouldn’t need to bash at it.

Have you had efile training?

It should have covered the appropriate speeds and at least some of the bits available in your training.

Efile training is great to get the certificate but it usually relies on you getting some experience beforehand as far as I’ve seen, best to go for it on your own nails first!

Perfect thank you for the response. I did not have much training on the e file yet. It is on my to do list but was looking for some help beforehand

I thought you had to have the training on e filing before insurance would cover you to use it on clients? Or does it depend on insurance company?

Perfect thank you for the response. I did not have much training on the e file yet. It is on my to do list but was looking for some help beforehand

You really should do the training first.
You can do a lot of damage in seconds with an efile if you haven’t had training and you won’t be insured to use it on clients.

I thought you had to have the training on e filing before insurance would cover you to use it on clients? Or does it depend on insurance company?

I have insurance on everything and all my clients so that is not a problem. I have some training on the efile already I just like to pick peoples brains and keep learning. I hear so many people use the file in different ways.

You really should do the training first.
You can do a lot of damage in seconds with an efile if you haven’t had training and you won’t be insured to use it on clients.
I never said I didn't have training I just didn't have lots of it. And I am insured 100%.

Efile training is great to get the certificate but it usually relies on you getting some experience beforehand as far as I’ve seen, best to go for it on your own nails first!
Yes I totally agree. I took a class but it was short and I still wanted to learn more

What educators suggest you go for it first before your training? I remove approx 5-7 sets per day with an efile and it is much more difficult on my own nails.

I did a half day course with nsi and it covered everything I needed to know and we also tried different efiles and bits.

If the training was lacking you should go back to your educator for further training or info.

They should have covered this in your efile training. Each efile is different, so this question isn't easy to answer. But a good quality efile should not vibrate so much that it causes client discomfort. A good efile and proper use will be a good help in your service, take down the product fast, efficiently, and no discomfort to client.. But a budget efile and lack of training will do the opposite and just cause you frustration and potentially hurt clients.

Latest posts

Back