Split ends after a cut?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Is it normal to still have split ends the day your hair was cut? I have a few but I am inspecting the hair. I am unsure if it is impossible to get every last one during a trim or if I was rushed.

Like I have about 5-6. LOL XD

Tbh it depends on the condition of your hair and how much you wanted cut. I am a big nit picker too but a few split ends won’t ruin your style at all. You say about 5? Haha. I promise you it’ll be ok 😊

Tbh it depends on the condition of your hair and how much you wanted cut. I am a big nit picker too but a few split ends won’t ruin your style at all. You say about 5? Haha. I promise you it’ll be ok 😊

Are you sure? Isn't the hairdresser supposed to eliminate each and every split ends? These splits aren't deep. Just formed at the tip??

Are you sure? Isn't the hairdresser supposed to eliminate each and every split ends? These splits aren't deep. Just formed at the tip??

I would have to see your hair but I am positive a few split ends are totally normal.

Everyone’s hair has a different life span. I.e the length each strand of hair will grow before it falls. If your hair is at a length that is getting beyond your average hairs life span you will see more split ends. Everyone’s hair was well overdue a haircut over lockdown period and may just need a really good chunk off the length to tidy it up and get that bounce back.
Its impossible to rid your hair if split ends with a haircut, there will always be some of course and if your hair is weakened by highlights or straightening irons etc then this will cause more split ends throughout your hair at any length not just the ends. A few hair treatments can help also using serums/hair protecting styling products when styling. Sometimes a change in shampoo/conditioner or hardness in your water can make split ends more obvious too.

Everyone’s hair has a different life span. I.e the length each strand of hair will grow before it falls. If your hair is at a length that is getting beyond your average hairs life span you will see more split ends. Everyone’s hair was well overdue a haircut over lockdown period and may just need a really good chunk off the length to tidy it up and get that bounce back.
Its impossible to rid your hair if split ends with a haircut, there will always be some of course and if your hair is weakened by highlights or straightening irons etc then this will cause more split ends throughout your hair at any length not just the ends. A few hair treatments can help also using serums/hair protecting styling products when styling. Sometimes a change in shampoo/conditioner or hardness in your water can make split ends more obvious too.
Good response.
Also to leminy… if you were not in lockdown note it’s summer and if you’re out and about. Pools, sun, the works. You’ll get a few. It’s a damaging time of year. Don’t look for them!! Just enjoy your haircut. Trust your stylist. 5-6 split ends I wish I had. I just got a cut and have a few more than that but look altogether no one can tell ;) I’m a nit pickier to so I can relate to you haha ❤️❤️

Attachments

• D1048B79-D96C-4AF5-BF95-AC3E6009C997.jpeg
    D1048B79-D96C-4AF5-BF95-AC3E6009C997.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Sometimes split ends can't be eliminate in one haircut, because of the demands of the client.
I have clients who still leave with split ends. But during our consultation I would have advised the client to have their hair cut shorter or have it layered to eradicate as mablny as possible. But sometimes that's not what the client wants. Do you know what's causing your split ends?
Do you use a lot of heat?

Sometimes split ends can't be eliminate in one haircut, because of the demands of the client.
I have clients who still leave with split ends. But during our consultation I would have advised the client to have their hair cut shorter or have it layered to eradicate as mablny as possible. But sometimes that's not what the client wants. Do you know what's causing your split ends?
Do you use a lot of heat?

She wasn't my usual hairstylist. I had an appointment and my typical one had an emergency. I did say just a trim so she may have assumed I wanted to let it grow. I don't have a lot but approximately 5-6 scattered. Yes, my hair is bleached and I use heat daily although I use good products and heat protectants.

She wasn't my usual hairstylist. I had an appointment and my typical one had an emergency. I did say just a trim so she may have assumed I wanted to let it grow. I don't have a lot but approximately 5-6 scattered. Yes, my hair is bleached and I use heat daily although I use good products and heat protectants.

Try not to use heat every day. That’s a big cause.

Latest posts

Back