Refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lottie

Reaction score
Hi so I am a mobile hairdresser. My prices are Fairly reasonable. I recently did a client hair. She had long hair down to her lower back her hair had grown out a significant amount from when she had last had it coloured from a previous hairdresser. She's around a base level 6 with quite a bit of grey. The ends of her hair where bleached. The client wanted a vibrant mix of purple and pink and also her greys gone. So I did a full head of bleach highlights avoided the ends as they were already lightened so the purple and pink could have a strong base to go on to get that vibrancy I also put a shade of a 6 in between foil packets to banish any unwanted greys. I developed then washed off then proceeded to apply the pink and purple through out the hair on the blonde highlights. Developed that for the specified time washed and blow-dried her hair. 5 days later she is now asking for a full refund as the purple and pink have faded. I'm in a predicament as what to do. I have offered to sort out the faded colour but she has said no. This process took a long time I don't want to be out of pocket for the full head of foils and colour in-between. I explained that Semi Permanent does fade she said she had never had that problem before. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Did you explain at the consultation that these colours will fade fast and to keep it vibrant, this colour would need to be redone likely every week or two? It's a high maintenance colour and needs the right aftercare. Did you give her aftercare and tell her/sell her the correct shampoo/conditioner to use? Was she/you happy with the result on the day? Has she sent you a photo of what it looks like now? What has she done in the mean time - how many times has she washed it and what with, it's only been 5 days.

Hi,
As above I always advise clients when applying colours over bleached her it will always fade, the more pastel or light the tone- the quicker it will fade.

If it’s the case you didn’t advise the client then maybe offer a free pink/purple top up and tell her how to maintain at home but I wouldn’t be offering a full refund

Hope this helps x

Hi,
As above I always advise clients when applying colours over bleached her it will always fade, the more pastel or light the tone- the quicker it will fade.

If it’s the case you didn’t advise the client then maybe offer a free pink/purple top up and tell her how to maintain at home but I wouldn’t be offering a full refund

Hope this helps x
I agree her.

I'd also question whether she's telling the truth; ( subtly)- where has she had these colours done before, which products did they use, you'd love to find something that lasted longer and was vibrant.
What was she using at home after those applications?

You've done the work, it was good and accurate.
Top up, not refund

Latest posts

Back