Staff having treatments for free?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemimaFox

Reaction score
I was just wondering for those of you who are employers, do you let your staff have treatments for free?
For example if they like to wear Shellac, and it is good advertising if their nails are looking lovely in the latest shade, but do you charge them a discounted rate? Or just let them have it for free as it is promoting the treatment etc?

Mine have shellac free, they get one of each treatment in our price list too then they get it at a discounted rate but they have to do it in their own time. Shellac is the only thing they have free all the time because it's the best promotion we can have xxxx

All treatments should be Free as it's free advertising & staff should look pristine. Treatments should be limited to a certain amount a month and I agree in staffs own time. How anyone can charge their staff I will never know ?! The hair and beauty industry is notorious for low wages and it is a perk of the job. It also keeps staff happy remember your human resources are your most important resources ! 😄

We have treatments free.. It's a hairdressers and beauty salon therefore our nails and hair always look fantastic x

All treatments should be Free as it's free advertising & staff should look pristine. Treatments should be limited to a certain amount a month and I agree in staffs own time. How anyone can charge their staff I will never know ?! The hair and beauty industry is notorious for low wages and it is a perk of the job. It also keeps staff happy remember your human resources are your most important resources ! 😄

Totally agree with you. I have worked in salons before where staff were having to pay a small amount to cover costs for spray tanning/shellac. I have never charged staff but was just curious as to how others worked. Although, I have actually just had one of my therapists take her shellac off after a day as she had caught it in a car door and chipped it....just made me wince a little at the waste of product lol! But hey, her nails have gotta look good!

I used to work for Benefit Cosmetics in one of their Boutiques and for body waxing and spray tanning we got 40% off but could have out brows done for free x

Staff should never have to pay its a perk of the job and should look pristine at all times. No roots/ nice nails etc x

I agree staff should have free treatments,in there own time
In every salon I've worked in the treatments have all been free, baring one hair and beauty salon.
In this salon we had to pay £15 per tube of colour.
I have long thick hair and would often have 4 tubes of colour so every 4-6 weeks = £60.
The result was that we all ended up going to other salons and pay full price where we could relax and be treated as clientson our days off, instead of having to wait while distractions (walk ins/phone/clients in between etc...)
The boss was disc runnels by this but we were disgruntled that we had to pay so much.

All externally visible treatments are free & staff are provided with maintenance products also i.e. face wash, moisturiser, foundation.

I have rigid restrictions on staff presentation & you can only implement that type of thing if you foot the bill :biggrin:

Treatment usage is limitless. There used to be a financial allowance per month but the salon hours pretty much dictate the system isn't abused.

Anything else is 50% discount. It doesn't matter to my business whether they have a hollywood or cellulite issues - if they want those type of treatments they can pay...

Latest posts

Back