Stamping "aha moment"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valcan

Reaction score
I like to do stamping but often get flustered with trying to go quick enough that I do not always have great nail placement. I have tried stamping with shellac but I find the colour is very light compared to stamping polishes.

Today I did a bit of an experiment and it worked! I painted by nails, top coated and removed the inhibition layer. I then stamped them with shellac and cured them. After they came out of the lamp, I burnished glitter into the stamped polish. Worked like a charm! I also stamped and burnished with Mica. Wow, my light black nail stamps were now bold! I had great nail placement too because I was able to take my time since the polish was not going to set until I put them in the lamp.

I do not have many stamping polishes and now I do not have to buy any. I have a ridiculous amount of shellac, glitter and mica. I am sure this would also work with foil but did not try it out today (I have hand painted and foiled but not stamped and foiled). I figure this is also a way to use some of my less popular shellac. I know that stamping polish is cheaper than shellac but now I won't be spending money on buying stamping polish at all. It will also save space by not having the extra bottles to store. My stamping colours are now so much more vast.

I am sure this idea is on this forum somewhere and is not original but I have not come across it yet. I would like to try burnishing several colours into the same stamp next.

Excuse the glitter I missed cleaning up.

25b0a3e4-88f2-41b0-9c3b-e108eba2e6bf.jpg

I went for the glitter so the pattern is not as distinct as it would be without the Iced Vapour
2 x Water Park
1 x Iced Vapour
Purple Purple Giraffe stamp then purple glitter
Pretty Poison Giraffe stamp sideways then green glitter

You can't see the green glitter pattern very well with the other colours. I wish I would have used a light colour for my base. There is always next week when I experiment some more on myself.

Ah interesting!! Will give that a go :)

Latest posts

Back