Stamping scraper?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie3384

Reaction score
Hi!

Just wanted to show some practise nails (first ones) where I used shellac company red and one with silver glitter, one with a gold chrome, one with a foil (which went a bit wrong) and a stamper.

I bought the Yours stamping plates and halo stamper and used creative play polish. I assumed a scraper would come with it but it didn’t - so I improvised. What scraper do you recommend?

Also, cleaning, I used d-sperse on the plates and a lint roller on the stamper. Is this the best way?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DDAB863D-E8E3-4BF7-9C0F-8255236CE631.jpeg
    DDAB863D-E8E3-4BF7-9C0F-8255236CE631.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 66
I use the MoYou London Crystal Clear Stamper which does come with a scraper ( gorgeous packaging too )

I use a lint roller for the stamper and pure acetone on the plates as I find it more effective at removing polish from more intricate designs.

I've used an old credit card as a scraper before in a pinch :)

Scrapers are also available from Yours via Sweet Squared or Ellisons.

Thanks. Ended up getting on off eBay but will use an old gift card until then x

Hi guys how do you get just the design on your stamping plate I seem to get a lot of the rest of the polish around the design xx

Hi guys how do you get just the design on your stamping plate I seem to get a lot of the rest of the polish around the design xx

Which type of stamper are you using, as the method varies slightly depending on what you have?

Which type of stamper are you using, as the method varies slightly depending on what you have?

Hi there I use a born pretty silicone one xx

Hi there I use a born pretty silicone one xx

Is it a hard stamper, or squishy stamper?

Hard stampers need a firm push down to lift the image, whereas the squishy stampers need a light roll across the image. Meantime, also make ensure your stamper and plates are clean and free from fluffy bits to start with and in between stamping. Clean crisp scraping (not dragging) will help too.

Is it a hard stamper, or squishy stamper?

Hard stampers need a firm push down to lift the image, whereas the squishy stampers need a light roll across the image. Meantime, also make ensure your stamper and plates are clean and free from fluffy bits to start with and in between stamping. Clean crisp scraping (not dragging) will help too.

It’s a squishy stamper, when I scrape I seem to leave bits around the design which end up round it xx

It’s a squishy stamper, when I scrape I seem to leave bits around the design which end up round it xx

You should only need to scrape once before lifting the image, so the more you scrape, the more you risk lifting too much of it, if that makes sense.

Thanks. Ended up getting on off eBay but will use an old gift card until then x

My Asda gift card (I live miles from an Asda, not sure why I ever had it) works way better than anything I’ve bought, just the right amount of flex.

It’s also good to even out plaster on wall after filling a hole [emoji16]

I use acetone to clean the plates and yes a lint roller to blot any remaining design off the stamper

Will give that a go thank you c

Latest posts

Back