Starting a nail salon in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

george-greece

Reaction score
Hello,i am George and i live in Greece.i own two nail shop here in Athens and i would like to invest in London.I would like to ask you about any information you know.How much money would be good for a small nail salon at around 50 sq.meters in a busy road?anything that you know about rents and rates!everything would be usefull for me as i don t know a thing about shops in London!thank you all in advance!

Hi I'm from Cyprus and moved back to England last year! What area of london?? The rents and rates are very expensive , it won't cost a lot to set up as things are cheap here but the monthly over heads and wages are high!

i think i will go near a metro station but i haven t decided where exactly.i will come and see.you think around 1500 for rent per month is ok?or should i go higher?

Depends central london? Can be £5000 but north london where all the Greeks/Cypriots are is cheaper. You must also think you will need to pay business rates every month and special licenses! If you need an estate agent I have a friend he might help you find a shop but I warn you to run a business here it's a lot more expensive than Greece and Cyprus.

from the little survey i have made in the internet i have already understood this.but everyday income will be much more than in greece.so you can pay your bils an d to earn something

Its much easier to start up in uk as far as permits etc go, just find a store, set up, generally your diplomas should be accepted easily, get council to check premises, and fire dept, get professional indemnity insurance, i had a shop in wales for 9 years, i now want a beauty salon here in athens brows waxing etc, but teve is scaring me, and getting licence is a nightmare, any tips would be appreciated too, if you want to swap advice :0)

Manchester may be a good area too, and cheaper, unless you have ties in london? I love manchester, still hip and buzzing

in greece it is difficult.people don t have money to go to such shops.we work but you have to make every step very very carefully.because the market is restricted.how much money do you think i will need to start a small shop there?with rents equipment and everything

Rent it depends on what you find, equiptment stuff in uk is generally much cheaper, although exchange rate the last couple of weeks seems to be not in our favour if your changing euro to pounds, ellisons, salons direct, sally hair and beauty have good prices on equiptment and furniture, ebay is also good, i have a few companies i used to use for bed rolls, salon hygiene etc, if you need a list of companies let me know, or you can see when the next trade fair is and go, you can get all your contacts, and great deals, vat free etc, its not like here where you need a timologio and prove to the tax where you got stuff, you can get cheap, second hand or clearance stuff, the reason for the reciept isnt so you can avoid getting a fine, in uk it helps you write it off against your taxes and get tax relief for items :0) also you dont get vat registered until you earn a certain ammount, it was 54,000 per annum when i had shop, so in the first year is good to get you off your feet, and you dont pay a fixed teve, its based on how much you earn, get a good accountant, you can write off clothes, coffee, petrol when using it for buisiness purposes, shoes, cleaning products, anything that you may use in store

Do you know what treatments i can do without licence, i have diplomas now for 24 years! Ive heard i can do waxing, lashes, brows etc even piercing?!? But cant do manicure pedicure, is this true also for nail extensions?

Do you know what treatments i can do without licence, i have diplomas now for 24 years! Ive heard i can do waxing, lashes, brows etc even piercing?!? But cant do manicure pedicure, is this true also for nail extensions?

Depends on the borough. We are in London and we need a licence for all the treatments you've listed. Our licence is c£1,000pa

Thanks IBUK, im actually asking for athens greece, had a shop in wales for 9 years, its george who needs the info, hes greek trying to set up in uk, and im british trying to set up in greece :0)

Thanks IBUK, im actually asking for athens greece, had a shop in wales for 9 years, its george who needs the info, hes greek trying to set up in uk, and im british trying to set up in greece :0)

Lol sorry

Hello,i am George and i live in Greece.i own two nail shop here in Athens and i would like to invest in London.I would like to ask you about any information you know.How much money would be good for a small nail salon at around 50 sq.meters in a busy road?anything that you know about rents and rates!everything would be usefull for me as i don t know a thing about shops in London!thank you all in advance!

Hi George

I came across this site recently www.wearepopup.com these are very innovative and you might be able to get some good ideas from there. On the other hand if you want to monitor the salon business in real time you can try our cloud based salon software register for a free trial here http://clients.hivesalonsoftware.co.uk/Salon/SalonRegistration.aspx

Regards

Kim
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445039358.560325.jpg

Latest posts

Back