Starting up from scratch!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLockz

Reaction score
Hello I’m new to this group and only came across it on Google. I’ve took a complete carer change, done all my training and now starting up being self employed in my home salon (converted garage) doing basic facials and laser hair removal. I've seen lots of posts about products, people saying you can’t use certain products without being trained by the brand or without paying £1000s on a start up account. I was going to use SkinTruth just while I start up but people are saying not to as it’s cheap and what you train with. I’m not looking to sell the products just use them. What products am I allowed to use I'm so confused now.xx

Hi EmLockz congratulations on your new business venture and welcome to the forum.

First of all , you can use any product line that you want to as long as the source is from a recognised Beauty wholesaler. Open up a couple of accounts and try a few of their lines. You will need proof of business insurance or qualifications to set one up.

Kaeso, Strictly Professional and SkinTruth, I have stocked and used over the years....still do. You definitely will need no further training with these starter lines. Personally speaking kaeso would pip the post for my preference but the other two do have their uses. Their line of massage products is also good.

A product line which recommends brand training is not a bad thing but you need to be sure that you actually like the products yourself and could really feel confident in using them.

My special brand is Payot and the brand training has been extremely good so it has been a good line for me. I was welcomed even as a small business, with no big outlay unlike some which were ridiculous to be honest.

Have a look at other similar posts and maybe try a few of the product lines and see if you notice the difference in quality. I charge more for my Payot facials and body treatments as the extra Spa like experience is a well deserved upgrade. The brand training introduced me to a far superior service, but you need not to think of that just yet.
Get your clients through the door and give the most amazing treatments and you won't go far wrong. You are your biggest asset to the business and so go and get started!
Good luck

Hello I’m new to this group and only came across it on Google. I’ve took a complete carer change, done all my training and now starting up being self employed in my home salon (converted garage) doing basic facials and laser hair removal. I've seen lots of posts about products, people saying you can’t use certain products without being trained by the brand or without paying £1000s on a start up account. I was going to use SkinTruth just while I start up but people are saying not to as it’s cheap and what you train with. I’m not looking to sell the products just use them. What products am I allowed to use I'm so confused now.xx
what laser do you have ? as I want to do laser also. But they are so costly. Thanks

Latest posts

Back