Still confused about training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy Anne

Reaction score
hi after spending several days researching on this site I'm still confused over where to start with my training.The college in a nearby city(20 miles away) do a level 2 nail course but it also includes tanning,eyebrows and lashes and makeup,i only want to do nails so i feel this course would mean spending a lot of time doing things I'm not really interested in.There are a couple of places in a nearby town which do training accredited by ABT,they do manicure which is 2 days in 2 weeks,gel polish 2 days in 2 weeks and then acrylic 3 days.I mainly want to do gel polish and acrylic and intend to use shellac when I qualify.There is a CND shellac beginner course 20 miles up the road from me,would it be better to start there?has anyone done their beginner course and does it include basic manicure as i have no training whatsoever apart from doing my own nails.Im really confused over where to start HELP!

You can do shellac beginners, acrylic or gel with no previous experience & it's excellent training.

If its CND your wanting to use after training your (in my opinion) better going to their courses! They will teach you all to need to know about nail anatomy, salon safety, contra indications/ contra actions as well as an in depth knowledge about the science of the products. They also have a wide range of support platforms after you qualify.

hi after spending several days researching on this site I'm still confused over where to start with my training.The college in a nearby city(20 miles away) do a level 2 nail course but it also includes tanning,eyebrows and lashes and makeup,i only want to do nails so i feel this course would mean spending a lot of time doing things I'm not really interested in.There are a couple of places in a nearby town which do training accredited by ABT,they do manicure which is 2 days in 2 weeks,gel polish 2 days in 2 weeks and then acrylic 3 days.I mainly want to do gel polish and acrylic and intend to use shellac when I qualify.There is a CND shellac beginner course 20 miles up the road from me,would it be better to start there?has anyone done their beginner course and does it include basic manicure as i have no training whatsoever apart from doing my own nails.Im really confused over where to start HELP!

I felt a bit like you when I started. You can still find my post about it here somewhere. I wrote a bit my experience in a blog post recently. https://www.varnishednails.com/blog/nail-life-choosing-your-education/2017/4/14 Hope it helps!

Latest posts

Back