Struggling to fit appointments in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy2021

Reaction score
I'm delighted that I'm busy as I qualified 2 years ago however I've now found myself in the position that I have new clients coming and asking to rebook for nail infill appointments and I'm fully booked for the next month and my diary is still very busy after that.
I don't want to turn away new clients but I also want to ensure I can fit my regulars in too. I constantly ask them to book in advance and most do but lots only book their next appointment.
Has anyone experienced this and can offer advice please?

I'm going through this at the moment. Until my youngest starts school in September I'm limited on hours but work all I can. Summer is comming and people are booking pedis, I've recently trained in lash lift so now have those to fit in to. I find it hard to say I'm fully booked when someone messages me as I've worked so hard on my business it seems wrong to turn people away. Summer hols are comming up soon and I will have to move most of my ladies to evenings and they're always fully booked so I'm in a panick. I've been warning my ladies about summer and my regulars have started booking in 3 appointments in advance. I'm also going to have to stop taking on New evening appointments but I'm unsure how to word it on my page? Not much help in afraid x

yes, you can become a victim of your own success!

3 ways to go really:

1. are you able to extend your appointment hours? if no go to number 2...
2. Put up your prices by a lot to shed some clients or
3. Employ a new part timer who can then start to take some of the work load (at a reduced price to start with)

I'm going through this at the moment. Until my youngest starts school in September I'm limited on hours but work all I can. Summer is comming and people are booking pedis, I've recently trained in lash lift so now have those to fit in to. I find it hard to say I'm fully booked when someone messages me as I've worked so hard on my business it seems wrong to turn people away. Summer hols are comming up soon and I will have to move most of my ladies to evenings and they're always fully booked so I'm in a panick. I've been warning my ladies about summer and my regulars have started booking in 3 appointments in advance. I'm also going to have to stop taking on New evening appointments but I'm unsure how to word it on my page? Not much help in afraid x
I've just trained in lash lifts too and I've lots of new clients booking them.
Summer is my busiest time of year by far so no idea how I'm going to fit it all in.
A few clients have booked every appointment until December but I wish they all would book at least a couple of months in advance

Last Christmas a lot of my regulars got a suprise as they was used to booking as and when and I couldn't fit them all when they wanted, those ones have been good with booking ahead since then.
How are you going to try and manage summer? And will you put a reminder to book on your fb/website? I'm unsure how to word it? I can't employ someone as I work from home. Do you have young children ciderella? X

Last Christmas a lot of my regulars got a suprise as they was used to booking as and when and I couldn't fit them all when they wanted, those ones have been good with booking ahead since then.
How are you going to try and manage summer? And will you put a reminder to book on your fb/website? I'm unsure how to word it? I can't employ someone as I work from home. Do you have young children ciderella? X
I'm the same, I have a home salon and kids but my youngest is 10 so they don't need constant supervision.
I regularly post on fb telling them to get booked as I'm really busy and some will but only for the next appointment usually.
I'll end up working very long days and my days off as I did that last year and I wasn't as busy as I am now. I've booked 2 weeks off this year though and I'm taking them!

I like the raising prices idea. Do you think you could?.

I'd take on an extra member of staff or two, train them up, systemise and delegate then take a step back from the business, let it run itself and you just oversee the running of it and management. That's what I would do and that's what I'm working towards!

Latest posts

Back