Sugaring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbadabbadoo

Reaction score
HI, I'm thinking of changing over to Sugaring (I currently wax)
The Sugaring I'm looking at is similar to hot wax, (no strips are used)
and they use a plastic stick that after washing and sanitising can be reused.
They pull all the sugar to be used out at one time on the stick, so no need to change sticks, they put the sugar on the area, use the stick to pull it back off and put it back onto the next section.
It looks more expensive to purchase then wax (double the price), but looks cleaner to use.
The lady selling it to me said it's better then wax as you can use it on shorter hair, and once you put it on if you leave it for a few seconds it penetrates into the the hair follicle and pulls it out smother, I did get my eye brows done and there was no redness. She also said you can spray tan right over it as it does not open up the pours.

I don't think it makes a difference but I am in Australia.

Thanks

I do sugaring and waxing. Was taught by Sugar of the Nile. And every client who I waxed I have now converted into doing sugaring. The prices are a bit higher for sugaring - or what I charge. But I personally love it!
Though I have never heard of using it with a stick. I do have a no heat sugar and the rest of them do require to me slightly warmer.

Oops. Sent it too soon. I have also sugared my legs before spray tanning and it does leave the dark spots in the pores where the hair was. I personally wouldn't do it on customers.
And the reaction on people's faces I have found compared to waxing is less severe (less swelling less redness).
Currently I only have two clients I still wax their eyebrows and everybody else I sugar. It's a great service.

Pores are always open. They dont open and close so i dont know why she said that. You would have learnt that when doing your waxing unit. If pores were shut then how is the hair removed from the follicle? You need to wait 24-48hrs for tanning after any hair removal treatment.

HI, I'm thinking of changing over to Sugaring (I currently wax)
The Sugaring I'm looking at is similar to hot wax, (no strips are used)
and they use a plastic stick that after washing and sanitising can be reused.
They pull all the sugar to be used out at one time on the stick, so no need to change sticks, they put the sugar on the area, use the stick to pull it back off and put it back onto the next section.
It looks more expensive to purchase then wax (double the price), but looks cleaner to use.
The lady selling it to me said it's better then wax as you can use it on shorter hair, and once you put it on if you leave it for a few seconds it penetrates into the the hair follicle and pulls it out smother, I did get my eye brows done and there was no redness. She also said you can spray tan right over it as it does not open up the pours.

I don't think it makes a difference but I am in Australia.

Thanks
Alexandria Professional is well known over in Australia - here is their link... http://www.skinmanagers.com.au/

Pores are always open. They dont open and close so i dont know why she said that. You would have learnt that when doing your waxing unit. If pores were shut then how is the hair removed from the follicle? You need to wait 24-48hrs for tanning after any hair removal treatment.
I agree with you.

Latest posts

Back