Suggestions for salon layout please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyblitz

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions for the workability of my salon. It is a small salon on a main street. When you walk in it has a square reception area which is the full width of the salon. We have a reception desk in one corner and a nail station in another, then I have a nice leather chair in another corner and there is plenty space all around. There are two doors to the back one is our main beauty room which is a nice size and the other door is a smaller room which basicallly has a bed up against one wall and a waxing trolley at the other and just enough space to do a treatment . We use this room to do smaller treatments but I feel like its a bit of a squash and a squeeze.
I am thinking of splitting our reception area in half and making another decent size beauty room which we could easily make use of. My clients always comment on how nice our reception area is and how spacious it looks. I am not sure if doing this will spoil the look of the salon as when the client walks in they will be just sitting in a corridor like waiting area rather than a spacious one, but the spacious reception doesn't make money. What is best the eay to go, More treatment rooms so clients get nice treatments in more space and we can take more bookings, or a nice reception thats inviting for clients to walk into but less room for appoitments? Your views would help thanks

Latest posts

Back