suggestions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victorial

Reaction score
I am salt and pepper, have been trying to grow my hair out so that i might see what it looks like. my hair is a dark brown fairly grey in the back and salt and pepper in front.
I started by heavily highlighting my hair blonde which made it so the grey blended better but I still have a dark root grow out. my salon put on a silver toner once, the color was beautiful and was a great match however seemed to fade rather quickly.
the next time I had enough dark root to work with we tried to low light it to match, but my hair was so pourous that when we rinsed it my whole head turned a mouse brown. I worry about doing that again.
this time we tried a semi perm blonde which again blends well but it has not faded at the root and if I were to keep using it would defeat the purpose of trying to grow it out. I am also way tired of being a blonde. when the color fades I am left with a very brass blond from the bleached bits when I highlighted.
so now I am back to square one as far growing my natural color out to the length of the rest of my hair. I will keep cutting off the ends but I am wondering should I just deal with a root line? should I use the silver toner as it was the best match. how is a toner different from a rinse or a semi perm. color?
thank you for any suggestions you might have

Latest posts

Back