Swarovski pedis, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorynelizabeth

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm having a nightmare with my Swarovski crystals...I've recently changed to attaching the crystals with CND GelBond and have been extra careful not to let any of the adhesive cover the crystals. They are sooo sparkly when they go on but as soon as they dry they dull quite a lot and seem to have a residue over them.

How can I get rid of this? Anyone else have any idea what I can do to stop this?

It's irritating the life out of me!

Lauren xx

where are you getting your crystals from??are they swarovskis or just gems??

I started using gel bond with the swarovskis and as soon as I finished they would dull! I think it's quite thick and it oozes out over the top. I started using brush on glue and I have no problems now. Try another glue or just use a tiny tiny bit of the gel bond x

I use cuccio pronto soak off gels and I haven't had a problem with dulling or them coming off, I also use their top coat.

May seem dim question but are you applying a top coat? Mine always look dull until I apply my top coat and then they shine again!

Sent from my LG-P970 using SalonGeek

I'm using Swarovski crystals, but no top coat as I've found it dulls them :(

I think I'm going to change glues - it seems such a shame when I work do hard on a pattern for them to cloud over and lose their shine as soon as they dry :(

Hhh

Last edited:
Hi love, I have the same problem driving m mad too! spending an hour looking at the finished product then by the time iv done the other toe bam dull dull dull!!! :( x

i use a resin designed for the swarovski pedi you do have to be careful to use it sparingly but a little tip i was given is to dampen a lint free pad with a little acetone and lightly wipe!! blings them straight back up if you have used a little too much resin!! i never use a top coat and my pedi last very well!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I use resin and activator to apply my crystals. If a little gets on the crystal it doesn't really affect it but I always top coat too for extra hold. Before I cure the top coat I use a cotton bud lightly dipped in acetone and swipe the top of the crystal. It leaves enough top coat in a little well around the bottom of the crystal to hold it fast but doesn't affect the sparkle. I've had crystals on my toes (which have been in and out of boots/shoes/wellies) for 7 weeks now! Hth xx

Hey girlies!
I been doing these crystal toes all summer and they are lasting about 3-4 weeks with gelbond but I've read that some of u are using a resin? My ears pricked up as I'm determined to get these crystals lasting longer ! Can u run me thro yr procedure and the names of the products you use!
Many thanx :o)

Hey sorry to hijack your thread but I'm also interested too😃 xx

We do crystal pedicure and lasts up till 3 months we buff over nail apply primer apply thin layer of base gel cure it then apply build gel another thin layer apply the diamonds and cure each 1 then apply gel top coat lasts for ages but on the down side they are kinda hard 2 remove!

I started using gel bond with the swarovskis and as soon as I finished they would dull! I think it's quite thick and it oozes out over the top. I started using brush on glue and I have no problems now. Try another glue or just use a tiny tiny bit of the gel bond x

Hi what sort of brush on glue do you use? Xxxx

Hi :)
ive just been on a Swarovski Crytal Nail Course with Ellisons and we used gelbond. Big tip learnt: never top coat over the crystals - the crystals are an ADDITION to your treatment and so EVERYTHING else should be carried out before applying crystals.
Since putting the crystals into good use, i've found that if using gel polish, its best to completely cure nails, including top coat, then applying a splodge of glue to a spatula, then usiing a cocktail stick, gently dip into the glue, getting a teeny bit of glue and apply to nail, apply crystal using tweezers and then press on...i've had no complaints or problems doing it this way and they last!!
One thing to consider is where you buy your crystals from, the likes of ebay have traders using gems to sell off as swarovski, so ensure you are getting genuine crystals for that amazing shine :)
my handy hints:
1) complete mani/pedi treatment
2) splodge glue onto spatula
3) use cocktail stick to apply glue to nail
4) apply crystal with tweezers and press down firmly
5) DONT USE TOP COAT OVER CRYSTALS!!
Hope this helps - works for me :)

Latest posts

Back