Taking 2 extra days off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn amber

Reaction score
Just a rant ,im taking 2 extra days off from what a normal take over xmas and new year ,i am very accommodating with my clients ,but if I have decided to take a day off then that is it,

but why do I still feel guilty when I have to refuse someone ,

im off today worked a solid 10 hours yesterday ,

had a girl call today (New off fbook)wanting an appointment today ,sorry im not working today ,so she said quite abnoxiously so when are you working then ,me I am working certain days but I don't have any appointment until the 8th jan ,her o right and hangs up ,

I find this attitude so infuriating ,so I have put up a notice on Facebook which go's like this,

Attention ,to all clients I have no further appointments untill the 8th of January ,bookings can still be made by calling *********** please leave a massage if I don't answer ,i will get back to you ,

I am taking a couple of extra days off due to only having 2 weeks holidays in the last 2 years ,hope you have all had a lovely Christmas thanks lynn :-D

Does anyone else feel they have to explain there time off when self employed :-/

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I think the problem here is thinking you have to explain yourself to clients. It's a switch in roles and suddenly your life is personal, not professional. Clients don't need to know when we have breaks or holidays or why, and I think even opening that door allows people to question or criticise, which puts us on the back foot. I would simply say, I'm sorry I don't have anything available till xyz. No explanation, nothing further, nothing on the fb page-you don't owe them anything! The more you give away about your plans the more they will try and pick loopholes in it. This way they can't be rude! No appointments available, end of xxx

Enjoy your break hon!

Totally agree with Pixie Beauty x

I know I don't owe then anything and I don't normally say im working xyz ,i haven't said on face book when im working just said I have no appointments left :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I never told clients when I was off work - just, "sorry, fully booked" and offer alternative dates. Sometimes, simple statements like this make a client want to book with you even more - if you're that booked up, you MUST be good!

Dont worry about new clients that want their first appointment during busy periods, they will probably never become regular anyway, just looking for last minute or cheap therapists.

Totally agree with the other posters. I became self employed and mobile so that I could work when I wanted to and didn't have to ask anyone else for time off. I never say I am on holiday or not working, I always say "I'm afraid I've nothing left, I'm fully booked" and offer them an alternative. This is particularly useful around school holidays when I take more time with my son as I then offer additional evening appointment times making it clear that it's not usual but due to high demand I'm working extra evenings. They don't need to know why or wherefore :)

Latest posts

Back