Tan build up at underarms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escapebeauty13

Reaction score
Hi guys hoping for a bit of advice.
I've been tanning for years and have used several professional tans.
The one problem I always find both on myself and with my clients is that the tan tends to build up at the front of the underarms and sometimes the inside of the thighs.
I only use manual tan and always exfoliate beforehand.
I usually warn my client that this can happen and just to rub the area with their towel when their drying.
Any advice welcome.

Hi, This is an area I found problematic too.
Dove hit the nail on the head with their add campaign last year I think it was - do you moisturise your underarm..?
After watching this add it occurred to me the reason for the tan build up will be the antiperspirant I use alongside not moisturising.

It'll be dryer than a desert! :D

Ensure you moisturise your FULL body and gently exfoliate regular with your daily showers. If you know yourself this area does get build up pay particular attention to ensuring it is soaked and exfoliated well before it builds up into the dark dead skin you have seen.

These areas are generally rubbed a lot with your clothing going about your daily life so will be more corse (if that is the right word) so solution will grab just like on the feet hands etc so only need one light dust (or single fine layer for manual tanning).

I hope this helps :)

Underarms, inner thighs, lower back, under boobs. Are all areas that with moisture/heat/sweat/ perspriation they can look like they wont take, or can change the solution of your tan, ie go a bit green in those areas. My advice dont panic, it will take, but in exterme hot weather try to cool down the skin there, with airy clothes no leggings! Always pat dry that helps and its a guide colour so depending on what your client is doing rather than you! hths xoxo

Great thank you for your advice. No clients have ever complained about it as I always make them aware that it's normal.

I found when I had the same problem I got a really good quality moisturizer and rub it into the area and the tan is still dark but no where near It would have been before.

Sell your spray tan customers a Spray Tan Removal Kit and they will be fresh every time for their new spray tan ;):)

We have developed an environmentally friendly double sided mitt which is formulated into two strength fabric weaves. The Silver side for a light exfolation and the black side for a stronger exfoliation. Ideal for Spray Tan Removal, Exfoliating Dry Skin, Ingrown Hair and Cellulite.

The Mitt is accompanied with a natural bodywash bar for unblocking the pores in a natural way and also removing the build up of you old spray tan, leaving your skin silky, smooth and ready to reapply your next spray tan application. The packaging is stunning as well

Happy Tanning:)

Last edited:
Sell your spray tan customers a Spray Tan Removal Kit and they will be fresh every time for their new spray tan ;):)

We have developed an environmentally friendly double sided mitt which is formulated into two strength fabric weaves. The Silver side for a light exfolation and the black side for a stronger exfoliation. Ideal for Spray Tan Removal, Exfoliating Dry Skin, Ingrown Hair and Cellulite.

The Mitt is accompanied with a natural bodywash bar for unblocking the pores in a natural way and also removing the build up of you old spray tan, leaving your skin silky, smooth and ready to reapply your next spray tan application. The packaging is stunning as well

Happy Tanning:)
Can you send a link to the spray tan removal kit please?

I bought a Tan Eraser after seeing the reviews on FB and it's amazing. The old tan actually rolls off your skin in bits. It completely removes mine and is a great exfoliator for the next tan. x

Latest posts

Back