Tape colour choice help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rac__hel

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385079414.873783.jpg
My client is colouring her hair this colour on Saturday and has below the shoulder length hair.
Just wondering how you would go about selecting the colours for the tapes
Would you do underside a blonde and top side the dark colour or what would you do?

I would go the darker tape on the bottom and the blonde on top (sandwiched together). I've tried doing two different colours but it looks weird it's much better tapping the dark under and blonde on top because the blonde blends it in.

I would go the darker tape on the bottom and the blonde on top (sandwiched together). I've tried doing two different colours but it looks weird it's much better tapping the dark under and blonde on top because the blonde blends it in.

I would agree with you, certainly use the darker tapes on the underneath so when the under section is lifted in hair up they look less noticeable. The only advice i have is to make the very top row into the crown and sides to be the same colour on the top as her hair /roots so you don't see the other colour tape through, the rest will blend with the ones under and above. x

I would agree with you, certainly use the darker tapes on the underneath so when the under section is lifted in hair up they look less noticeable. The only advice i have is to make the very top row into the crown and sides to be the same colour on the top as her hair /roots so you don't see the other colour tape through, the rest will blend with the ones under and above. x

Just noticed the pic - i would also make the nape with the blonde under if that is the majority base colour for hair up purposes. All the rest reverse it until you reach the last rows on crown and sides. x

Latest posts

Back