Tattoo Artist London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracyUK

Reaction score
Hi I wondered if any of you know of a great Tattoo Artist in London? Also what should you look out for in the way of qualifications etc?..this is for someone who has never had a tattoo before so want to make sure she goes to the very best. Thanks

Hi

Frith street is very good :)
As far as qualifications go there isn't any for tattooing aslong as they are licenced :) x

Tattoo uk has a really good rep people travel all over to get their tattoos done there, and they have won loads of awards they have branches in uxbridge, ranyers lane and twickenham

Tattoouk.com

Go on personal recommendations! See the artists work - they should have a large portfolio of work they have done themselves that you can look at. I can recommend a few but not in London lol

Hi thanks for your replies. Yes seeing the work is one of the main things beforehand totally agree, along with hygiene standards etc etc. Which is the official licensing board she should look out for for tattooing in UK? Thanks again

I don't think there's an official body they have to register with. They should be registered with their local authority.

Definitely important to see portfolios. It's best to google around some places in your area, most have portfolios on the website. Then go in and talk to them.

It took me a long while to find the girl who has done most of mine and I would be wary of going anywhere else unless I had a personal recommendation and had seen their work.

Don't forget tattooists are artists - and like picasso and da vinci - they can be masters but have completely different styles. Make sure you pick one who's previous designs suit you :)
And hygiene certs only tell you they have passed an inspection... what you want to do is use your eyes when you go there... are they using new disposable needles, is it all clean, are they using gloves, are they using disposable cups for the ink etc etc :)
My husband has several tattoos and I have one (largish) and I found a tattooist who works from home (all certified etc) and she was a recommendation from a friend. I saw her work on him, then saw some cover up jobs she'd done for others and I loved her work, suited me perfectly. She designed my tattoo from scratch (took 3 goes as I wasn't 100% on what I wanted...) and then inked me :) I have NO regrets I took 8 years to find the right artist to do my design and put it on me :) (Want to go have another one too hehehe)

Thank you for your replies xx

Latest posts

Back