Teaching hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbradz89

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on how/where I can go about training to be able to teach fitting hair extensions? Literally any info at all would be much appreciated.

I went to college to do a teaching course called the award in education and training and now i do my own courses through my insurance company, x

I looked this up before, in the search bar there is some info. I think you've to be a qualified hairdresser and then do a teaching course.

I went to college to do a teaching course called the award in education and training and now i do my own courses through my insurance company, x
Hi Gemma, could you possibly let me know more details of this? Are you now accredited or not? I'm looking at learning to teach myself and wondering whether to do a college teaching course or an actual extension train to teach course.

Thanks x

Yep they are accredited most colleges and unis do them . The names may have changed but search for what I have done used to be called PTTLS ( preparing to teach in the life long sector) or DTTLS ( diploma to teach in the life long sector) something like that anyway I also done my A1 assessors award too which will enable you to go into salons x

Yep they are accredited most colleges and unis do them . The names may have changed but search for what I have done used to be called PTTLS ( preparing to teach in the life long sector) or DTTLS ( diploma to teach in the life long sector) something like that anyway I also done my A1 assessors award too which will enable you to go into salons x
That's great thank you. Are you accredited now though by like ABT is what I meant sorry?

I'm not sure how to go about this as I know it's important for most people who train in extensions.

I was going to do the Connect 2 hair train the trainer course, but it seems expensive for what you actually get considering you already need to know all the methods you're training in, when I could just do a PTTLS for a couple of hundred pounds.

Thanks

I wouldn't bother if i were you you will be spending a lot of money for the same course ....im sure they will tell you its better / wrapped in gold with cherries on top or sugar coated but if you are very skilled extensionist and have lots of experience and feel you could teach the correct methods with confidence ....go for it! X

Latest posts

Back