The Snake Venom Facial…Yes, Really.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
After the success of the article regarding the snake-skin manicure, I couldn’t resist sharing this with you. Gwyneth Paltrow is the latest in a (very) long line of celebs desperate to stay looking young…so desperate that they’ll turn to anything. Even snake venom.

For just $450 (£294) you too can get your own dollop of snake venom-enhanced goo rubbed all over your face. Apparently, the venom has a Botox-like effect on the skin and of course, in La La Land, the crazier the better. And ethically? I’m sure if we asked them, they’d tell us that the venom was all collected naturally and that no animals were harmed during the making of your overpriced facial, but I’m still a little skeptical.

If, however, you’d rather not get up close and personal with some rattlesnake spit, then Sonya Dakar has developed the Skincare Ultraluxe-9 Age Control Complex which uses a synthetic agent called "synake," which copies the effects of actual snake venom by temporarily inhibiting muscle activity, smoothing and preventing wrinkles. Better for your stomach and your wallet.

Attachments

• snake-venom.jpg
    snake-venom.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,140
Aldi do an anti wrinkle concentrate which contains synake too for £4.99!!!!

Amazing. I was an Operating Room Assistant while in the Navy and I've seen a person with snake bite. We did surgery for 3 hours to save his arm. Wasn't very pretty. Good luck rubbing that on your face.

Latest posts

Back