The Winter Olympics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
Who likes it? Who is watching it and how do you think it compares to the summer olympics in terms of enjoyment?

I am watching and quite liking it, but I have to admit I prefer the summer ones!

I have been off work Ill and this is the first time I've watched the Winter Olympics , I've really enjoyed it , I loved the moguls ( think that's what it's called -the bumpy snow !)
The cross country looks so difficult I couldn't take my eyes off the tv - watched the curling yesterday but I can't get my head around the rules !

The commentators are really annoying though so I've given up on it today !
It's kept me amused for a few days the skill is amazing in all the games :)

I love it ive got in on now. I find the events really interesting. I love figure skating but find it really snobbish. But the skiing, snow boarding and toboggan type events really cool to watch and the competitors seem great too.

I'm not an athletics type person so as much as I loved the 2012 Olympics I wasn't as interested in it and perhaps I was more interested as we hosted it. I do find some of the old school athletes quite snobbish but the younger ones I think made the Olympics for me as they looked so proud.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have never really been interested in sport, apart from tennis! The likes of football and cricket drive me mad, especially the latter as I feel the outlying 'Players' might as well take a deckchair and the complete works of Shakespeare out onto the pitch just to while away the day for all the movement they seem to make! :biggrin:

Anyway, along came the 2012 olympics and I really got into it and discovered a liking for indoor cycling, running, swimming, rowing etc. Really looking forward to the figure skating now, watched the recent documentary on Torvill and Dean and revisited them on You Tube. Really made me nostalgic, as I well remember the huge fuss when they won gold with their magical 'Bolero.' It was a really revolutionary routine at the time and something totally new and iconic.

Been watching the curling and, fortunately, my husband is a true sports enthusiast who can explain the rules in order for me to understand what the hell they're trying to do! :D

I just admire human endeavour and achievement in all its forms and applaud the total dedication in the pursuit of excellence!

I'm loving the Winter Olympics so much that me and my husband have actually decided not to go on our usual summer holiday abroad and try ski-ing next Christmas! Anyone that knows us will know that we are sun holiday mad so this is a major thing for us. Hope it's worth it (and we get a hot summer here!) :biggrin:

Love the ice skating, no clients please when ice skating is on :cool:

Love the ice skating, no clients please when ice skating is on :cool:

Me, too, re the skating. Due to being away with work, I wont see much at all for the next two days. :cry::irked::grr:

It is all over! :sad:

Hey, but we won four medals!! :D

I never actually got into it this time around, not as enjoyable as the summer olympics for me - reminds me how cold it is outside I guess!

Although I did enjoy the long distance jumping down the slopes, crazy :eek:

I do prefer the summer olympics, I agree, but I enjoyed all the 'Fast' stuff on the slopes etc and all the skating. Sad for our poor girl who, although the fastest in most of her races, failed to score at all and kept getting disqualified/penalised!! I think it's wrong that the judges don't have to give the reasons for their decisions. :eek:

I do prefer the summer olympics, I agree, but I enjoyed all the 'Fast' stuff on the slopes etc and all the skating. Sad for our poor girl who, although the fastest in most of her races, failed to score at all and kept getting disqualified/penalised!! I think it's wrong that the judges don't have to give the reasons for their decisions. :eek:

I enjoy the fast paced events to, would be pretty good to try bob sleighing :) it is bad no reasons are given yes, I would have thought they would have to?! :eek:

I enjoy the fast paced events to, would be pretty good to try bob sleighing :) it is bad no reasons are given yes, I would have thought they would have to?! :eek:

I think I recall something about this being reviewed in the not too distant future and so it jolly well should be. Poor girl was trying to put a brave face on it for the cameras, but she's been harrassed on social media sites about it all! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back