Thinking of converting from Shellac to Gelish - questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. Just after a little
bit of guidance please. I have just noticed that my lamp is switched to 180 secs rather than the 120 secs. I think my last few clients may have been cured for the longer time. What difference could that extra minutes difference make? 🙈🙈🙈

Hello everyone. Just after a little
bit of guidance please. I have just noticed that my lamp is switched to 180 secs rather than the 120 secs. I think my last few clients may have been cured for the longer time. What difference could that extra minutes difference make? 🙈🙈🙈

It won't make any difference, it's just time that's all, as long as they've had the right amount of time another minute won't matter but it just saves you more time having it in the minimum that's all xx

Hi,

I trained with Gelish in June 2013, and initially bought about six colours. Two of which were Sheek White and Go Girl, which are supposed to be white and a pale pink. I went to use them today and found that despite rigorous shaking, rolling and "warming up", both colours remained discoloured a yellowy orange version of their former colours.

I rang my local distributor of Gelish to be told that "they only have a 12 month warranty" and was asked if I had "shaken them enough". Later on in the phone call, I was told that each bottle has a shelf life of three years.

I have had my Sheek White and Go Girl for about 15 months at the most, and was told all they would be willing to do was "test them at headquarters".

I use CND Shellac, have never had a problem with them and they seem to have a better attitude when it comes to customer service.

Sent from my A1-810 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

I trained with Gelish in June 2013, and initially bought about six colours. Two of which were Sheek White and Go Girl, which are supposed to be white and a pale pink. I went to use them today and found that despite rigorous shaking, rolling and "warming up", both colours remained discoloured a yellowy orange version of their former colours.

I rang my local distributor of Gelish to be told that "they only have a 12 month warranty" and was asked if I had "shaken them enough". Later on in the phone call, I was told that each bottle has a shelf life of three years.

I have had my Sheek White and Go Girl for about 15 months at the most, and was told all they would be willing to do was "test them at headquarters".

I use CND Shellac, have never had a problem with them and they seem to have a better attitude when it comes to customer service.

I Don't mean to be rude but you've had them 15 months what did you expect?
If there is something wrong (if it's faulty) then nail harmony will exchange them. But in all honesty where could you buy something and decide to take it back 15 months later? At a guess I'm going to say nowhere.

I Don't mean to be rude but you've had them 15 months what did you expect?
If there is something wrong (if it's faulty) then nail harmony will exchange them. But in all honesty where could you buy something and decide to take it back 15 months later? At a guess I'm going to say nowhere.

To be honest if I had paid the amount Gelish charge and it is supposed to have a shelf life of 3 years I also would be a bit pissed off if it discoloured too.
The customer service attitude seems to be because you are newly qualified Rai29? which is not on. You've done the training with them they should respect your opinion, I mean come on there are pretty "new" themselves!
The only other thing I can think of is how long the Sheek White and Go Girl had been sat on the distributors shelf prior to you purchasing?
The only suggestion i have if you get no where with customer service is, vote with your feet/money and don't buy anymore, after all there's plenty of more reliable brands out there to try.

Hi,

It's a pretty common problem with Go Girl so there's no surprise it's changed colour in the bottle, but I'm also not surprised that after 15 months they won't allow you to return. I can't imagine any company would no matter what the product was x

It's a pretty common problem with Go Girl so there's no surprise it's changed colour in the bottle, but I'm also not surprised that after 15 months they won't allow you to return. I can't imagine any company would no matter what the product was x

To be honest a return or refund was not mentioned in regard to the colours. as far as they were concerned there is no problem with their product.
I rang up to cancel some items owing on my latest order and asked if I could return the first part of that order that had arrived this morning. Which as nothing opened/used I thought was quite reasonable. T

The reason Sheek White and Go Girl were mentioned was for me to explain my now lack of faith/interest in the product. I merely want to recoup the cost of this unused order.

As I'm newly setting up, I cannot afford such large losses.:cry:

To be honest if I had paid the amount Gelish charge and it is supposed to have a shelf life of 3 years I also would be a bit pissed off if it discoloured too.
The customer service attitude seems to be because you are newly qualified Rai29? which is not on. You've done the training with them they should respect your opinion, I mean come on there are pretty "new" themselves!
The only other thing I can think of is how long the Sheek White and Go Girl had been sat on the distributors shelf prior to you purchasing?
The only suggestion i have if you get no where with customer service is, vote with your feet/money and don't buy anymore, after all there's plenty of more reliable brands out there to try.

Do you know this "new poster"? Why would the attitude be because she is newly qualified?

I find Gelish good value for money and there is SO much support from the Harmony educators, maybe you need to get in touch with yours. I would certainly suggest Rai29 does.

It's always best to purchase from Nail Harmony, then you get the best deals and service and all the help you would need.

To be honest a return or refund was not mentioned in regard to the colours. as far as they were concerned there is no problem with their product.
I rang up to cancel some items owing on my latest order and asked if I could return the first part of that order that had arrived this morning. Which as nothing opened/used I thought was quite reasonable. T

The reason Sheek White and Go Girl were mentioned was for me to explain my now lack of faith/interest in the product. I merely want to recoup the cost of this unused order.

As I'm newly setting up, I cannot afford such large losses.:cry:

When was the last time you used either of those colours? And where were they stored? I'm pretty sure the shelf life doesn't mean they can be left unused for months on end in an unsuitable location. They need to be stored in a cool dark place, under 25 degrees Celsius.

I'm not entirely sure why anyone would buy colours and then not use them for 15 months. That to me is a waste of product right there. My colours are bought either for my clients or for my own personal use

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you know this "new poster"? Why would the attitude be because she is newly qualified?

I find Gelish good value for money and there is SO much support from the Harmony educators, maybe you need to get in touch with yours. I would certainly suggest Rai29 does.

It's always best to purchase from Nail Harmony, then you get the best deals and service and all the help you would need.

No I don't personally know Rai29 but in her initial comment further up she says she trained in June 2013. . . It was my own experience with a few companies that made me pose the question could the customer service attitude have been due to that?
In Yorkshire regardless of where/how you order Gelish it doesn't come direct from Nail Harmony it comes from a local Yorkshire Distributor. :irked:
As for shellac as opposed to gelish, I personally prefer the shellac for it's ease of use, quality, value for money and great customer service. It's also more widely available through trade outlets. ;)

No I don't personally know Rai29 but in her initial comment further up she says she trained in June 2013. . . It was my own experience with a few companies that made me pose the question could the customer service attitude have been due to that?
In Yorkshire regardless of where/how you order Gelish it doesn't come direct from Nail Harmony it comes from a local Yorkshire Distributor. :irked:
As for shellac as opposed to gelish, I personally prefer the shellac for it's ease of use, quality, value for money and great customer service. It's also more widely available through trade outlets. ;)

Nail harmony have sub distributors. Which is still nail harmony.
Also Gelish is also widely available all over the UK.

In my opinion Their customer service is amazing as well as the support from the educators.

And Gelish bottles are twice the size of shellac hence why it is more expensive as you referred to in your earlier post.

Hi! thanks for all your comments, opinions and advice etc! I bought a couple of bottles of Gelish today and had a little play on my own nails to see what I think! So far, so good, like the application, colours, colour pay off ect so we shall just have to wait and see! It's only been a day after all x
Hey Hannah, just reading up on your old thread, did you stick with the gelish?

Latest posts

Back