Tiered pricing in beauty salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucyb123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know it is common practice for hair salons to charge tiered pricing depending on the level of the stylist (I.e junior, director etc) however in beauty this doesn’t seem to be the case and a set price is usually charged for all treatments

I am considering bringing a tiered pricing structure into the salon. There will be a higher charge for treatments performed with senior therapists.

does anyone have any experience of this or any advice....could this work or will it put customers off

thanks so much

Salons have been tiering for ever but hasn’t really been incorporated in beauty. And in principal there’s no reason why not.
I helped a salon with their pricing a couple of years ago - to bring in a tiered pricing and it was successful.
We found the key was to “big up” the lowest price therapists, so clients knew that even at this price, they could be confident in the service they were getting. So they weren’t called ‘junior’ but instead ‘senior’ therapist. Then the titles increased to ‘executive’ therapist etc.
Also they have a good write up on each therapist with how long they’ve been doing it etc. All to give confidence.
The other key thing was that all staff were given a standard line or two to say when clients asked about the tiered structure. Why it had been brought in or what to say when clients asked about each price to tier and what the difference was.
Amazing how the change was soon just old news with clients and life went on. Income went up!

Latest posts

Back