Tips vs sculpted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beccalax83

Reaction score
So I trained in acrylic & hard gel many years ago and only really carried on with hard gel as the salon I was working in offered them. I found last year that they weren't lasting on clients so I decided to do a refresher course in Sculptured acrylics. Turned out the women was awful & is so unhelpful I feel I wasted time & money & I'm just not getting on with them.

My question is do I go back to tips but with acrylic or keep trying with Sculptured???

Liz Guild have some youtube videos on sculpt but the key is practice

Keep practicing! There are some fingers a tip just WONT fit so it's important to know how to sculpt as well - and makes repairs so much easier. To practice, try putting a form at the end of a nail polish bottle and sculpting onto that - I used to do that all the time!

I personally hate sculpting, I did train in it and was reasonable at it but I just love tips and the predictability of them so I don't sculpt now from choice. My business has been running 13 years and is very busy so please don't think sculpting is the only way!

Having said that there's no harm in watching some video tutorials and seeing if something just clicks for you, but I wouldn't beat yourself up.

I buy different tips, some are flatter, some more C-curved and have never found a nail I couldn't tip.

Thank you all so much for your reply's.x

Latest posts

Back