To all Polish Pro users...Great news from the USA.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wooshka

Reaction score
Ok, so we all know that PP has had many complaints due to it's thickness which makes it hard to apply nicely.
We all know as the product ages, it gets thicker and makes it hard to apply nicely.
Well, don't give up on it just yet and waste your money.......

NSI are releasing a new product in Sept called 'Polish Pro Renew' that we can add to the colour bottles only that thins them down to a consistency YOU wish to work with and it does NOT have any effect on the colour or cure times, removal times or the life of the product, it enables us to use ALL the bottle to the last drop and always have a nice thin consistency.

The original colour formulas have also been redesigned to a thinner consistency and can I suggest if you want to check if you have the new formula or not, contact NSI HQ in the USA and give them your batch number on each colour bottle and they will tell you if it's the old formula or new and will be very helpful if you have the old batches, to make sure you can keep using your PP.

The base and top coats have also been refined and have been made to be stronger to avoid the chipping/peeling problems that so many have complained about.
Again, the way to know if you have the new formula is the bottle will have a orange circle under the label on the bottom of the bottle. This applies only for top and base coats.

I know most of you are not in the USA so I can't say for sure when all this will be happening outside of the USA but I wanted to let you all know that they have listened to our complaints and have done something about PP being too thick to use as directed.

So don't give up on it just yet if you have invested in this system, wait and get the Renew stuff and then any new bottles you buy will be made using the new thinner formula and brush (make sure when you ring your supplier that you buy the new batch numbers not old, you might have to keep a note of what numbers are what) and you now might find it's just perfect and can really start making some decent money from it like we all hoped would happen from day dot.

I know I'm hopeful and I am really happy that NSI have listened to the complaints that us techs have told them and they have done something about it, instead of just being arrogant and telling us all that the product is perfect the way it is and to get over it.
It's good when a company sees they made a boo boo and then does everything they can to fix it.

I hope this info can restore some faith in PP users:)

Any idea of when it will be released in the uk?

No I don't sorry:(

Maybe send NSI USA an email and ask them?

I will be doing this because I'm in Australia and my local NSI distributor has nothing about this on their website as yet.

I found out about all this because I received a email from a NSI USA rep because I had made another complaint about PP. All this was explained to me in my email and I was just so excited that they have finally done something to fix it and I know so many techs on here have lost faith in PP too, that I thought I would tell you all so you have something to look forward to.

Thnx for letting us all know! Let's hope this will solve the problem I love Nsi products would never change products! :)

Me to. I really love NSI and this is why I was so disappointed when PP started to muck up for me. At first it was ok but as time went on things became worse and I like many techs have invested lots of money in this system so I really want to make it work.
I have always felt it was up to NSI to make things right because they released a system that said it did X, Y or Z and it simply didn't, so I never gave up and sent them many emails with my complaints.
The best thing techs can do is give our companies feedback, be that good or bad and this is the way things get changed and it has happened finally.

NSI listened to all our complaints..woohoo!!!:D

Wow! I would have thought there would be a lot more happy PP users after hearing this news.
I hope that at least some of you will keep some faith and give PP another go if you have it sitting in your drawer.
I know I haven't given up yet, I've invested too much to not give it a go anyway.

So any more PP users willing to comment on how you feel about this?

As a loyal NSI customer over the years I just feel this is an admission that the product isn't up to scratch and in my opinion shouldn't have been released on the market until it was. It has caused problems for many techs who have spent good money on it, I've ended up selling mine at a big loss because I couldn't market a sub standard service to my clients. I really do hope these changes help polish pro users.

I've never encountered a problem with NSI before and trusted their products but now I will think very carefully before committing to buy anything new they now bring out. Its a shame as this site has many more CND techs than NSI ones and over the years i've felt quite defensive towards NSI on particular topics but I've got to say that this fiasco has not helped them one bit. :sad:

I totally agree with you Stacy but as you said, you (and I and many others) have been loyal to NSI for a long time and their products have always been good up till now,
but this is ONE product out of many that they did not get quite right and it can easily happen to any company.
It's not as if NSI just came up with this and made it and put it up for sale all in a week, they spent loads of money putting this together as any decent company would but it didn't perform to expectations.
I think what is important is that they have listened and done something about it, where as they could have just been very arrogant about it and said it was prefect the way it is and for us techs to suck it up but they didn't.
I feel it shows more character and commitment in a company for doing what they have done instead of the other way they could have went.
I am not willing to just dump a company I have used for many many years and who delivers good products in everything else they do, just because they got this one not right, it's the faith from techs that makes a company act like they have and fix a problem.
Yes CND (Shellac) is a great brand too and yes there are loads of CND techs on here but SG is not a only CND forum and you or I or anyone for that matter should be made to feel we have to defend NSI against CND just cause there are a lot of CND techs here. It shouldn't be a war of CND v's NSI but I get you when you say what you do, cause I too have seen how it can be like that here:) which is silly really cause they are made to work differently and each brand has it's own merits and downfalls and differences.
I think NSI realise they stuffed up but it was not intentional, so that's why I don't feel they deserve to be bagged out and made out to be a crap company etc etc for it, it could happen to any company in the future, even CND. By the way, I'm NOT saying you have bagged them out or anything, I'm speaking in general terms here:)

Anyway, I just wanted to let any fellow techs know what was happening for those who haven't sold or got rid of their PP products that there is hope that we can continue to use our PP products and it hopefully will all be ok.
:Love:

Renew is advertised on the U.S.A site as available from September! :) hope fully it will be here soon!

Spoke to my Distributer and she said renem should be out in the uk for September and the new formula top n base coats are already out!:)

Spoke to my Distributer and she said renem should be out in the uk for September and the new formula top n base coats are already out!:)

Woohoo!! Excellent news for UK users, thanks for updating for the UK users.

Sadly, here in Australia we seem to be a bit behind and my supplier is still using old stock but that will change very soon they said as they are getting the new stock in asap.

I have also discovered that there is another new range coming out in November in the USA that has some divine new sheer pinks, soft whites and a white shimmer just to name a few:)

I mentioned to the lovely lady at NSI that the Cashmere Pink is too baby pink for a nice french and we needed a sheer/clear pink and again, it seems I'm not the only one who thinks this and they have had many requests for this and are about to deliver this new range in November.
It has 5 new colours and they are all ones I have been wishing for.

I have also just been told that she will replace all my old stock for new FOC from the USA instead of me waiting for my local to get all their stock in and I couldn't be happier.

She has been so lovely in her dealings with me and this is one big reason why I love NSI. A good company is all about customer service, education, good quality products and in the bad times not burying their heads in the sand but standing up and doing something to fix the problems and I feel NSI are doing this.

I hope that any of you fellow PP users that are having problems can get it sorted with ease just like I have.
NSI seem to get that we have all spent a lot of money on PP and we deserve to be compensated for it due to the product not performing as expected.

I have to say, it's this type of situation that sets companies like NSI, CND, Young Nails and other top branded companies apart from the likes of the ones you see on Ebay etc and it baffles me as to why anybody would not want to use high end companies.

I thought I would come in and update this thread as I have now had all my new formula bottles of Polish Pro delivered and used them all:)

I replaced all my original colours, top and base coat and I got 7 new colours to try as well while I was at it.

I sat for hours late yesterday and used every single one and the results are.......
Absolutely fabulous!!!

Wow! What a difference!! It really does apply like polish now and applies with such ease and the coverage is really good and OMG! The top coat, well it just shines like crystal, it is so clear and shiny it's not funny.

I'm in love all over again I will admit:)

I could feel and see the difference from the very first stroke, it applied with such ease compared to the old formula.
Luckily I still have the old bottles so I was able to compared easily and I could really see and feel the big difference.

So like I said before, to all you true NSI fans out there, please give PP another go, get the new formula once it's released in the UK and I can't see you being disappointed, it truly is heaps better.

I can't wait now to use it on my clients who have been patiently waiting along side me for NSI to fix this problem. I rang them all yesterday and I will be giving them all their first new PP service over the next week. I will keep you posted how this new formula wears and if there are any problems.
I never had any problems with chipping, peeling etc, my only problem was the product being way too thick to apply nicely, so I am very interested to see if I still get the same results with this new formula.

I'm going into my salon now after this post to have more of a play with some layering etc and to do my own nails. I didn't do them yesterday cause I can't decide what colour I want to wear out of my new ones, I love them all so much:)
I might even end up doing a different colour on each nail just for the fun of it:)

Ooohhh great news :) post some pics of your layering x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

That's great news !! Pls do post some pic and let us know how it wears( as in how long it's lasting etc) :D

Ok I will try and post some pics for you as soon as I can.

Yes, I am very keen to see how it wears and if it wears the same as the old formula or not.

Latest posts

Back