Too 'blonde' highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selina150

Reaction score
everytime i get highlights done they turn out quite white, rather than blonde. i told my haidresser this and she said she changed the colour but they turned out the same!
i have naturally mousey hair that i've been having highlighted for 3 years, though about 18 months ago it go too blonde so i went light brown again and just had a few highlights in a t-section. now when i go i have a blonde and a brown put in (to break up the blonde) and the brown has gone very dark also, evn thoough the hairdresser swears she hasnt changed the colour!

Hi
Sometimes when using high lift colour to achieve a blonde,if left on too long,it will lift past the creamy stage.Once thats happened the only way to warm the colour up is to apply a toner to the blondes.Also the dark colour may be looking darker because the blonde is so light.Sometimes the contrast between the 2 colours looks more than it is,emphasising the dark and on the other side of the spectrum,the dark makes the blonde look even lighter.
Definatly applying a toner or something really light,like a base 9 with a little warmth should tone it down and blend it all in abit more.
hth
x

Latest posts

Back