Toothache!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitlinhunterx

Reaction score
I have a wisdom tooth growing in and it's swollen. Anyone know any thing that stop pain for it.

I'm in the exact same situation [emoji17]

I've been quite lucky and not encountered this problem yet! Have you tried gargling salt water? Gross I know but people say to treat it as you would when you've had a tooth removed

I think there's another post on here about this.

Take ibuprofen, gargle salt water.

Cloves help tooth ache. Try paracetamol too if the pain doesn't ease with ibuprofen.

If it goes on for more than a few days, you could have an infection so go and see your dentist for antibiotics.

Yep I have done salt water and cloves of garlic on my tooth! Think a trip to the dentist tomorrow! I go on holiday a week on Tuesday! Can't have this pain[emoji20]

Yep I have done salt water and cloves of garlic on my tooth! Think a trip to the dentist tomorrow! I go on holiday a week on Tuesday! Can't have this pain[emoji20]
Once you've gone to dentist it should clear up real quick.

I had 7 days Antibiotics when mine played up and within 3 days I felt loads better.

Mines flared up since, but nothing in comparison.

If you do get antibiotics take them for the full time even if it feels better otherwise it could come back! X

There is a gel you can get in the chemist for mouth ulcers (like bonjella). I used it on my wisdom tooth around the gum to help ease the pain. Ask in your pharmacy.

I would use Bonjela gel and Ibuprofen capsules. Both are anti-inflammatory so you should see improvement pretty quickly. If its really bad remember that ibuprofen and paracetamol can be taken together for extra pain relief. I find with ibuprofen that it often wears off before I'm due another dose so I take the paracetamol about 2 hours after the first dose of ibuprofen. That way by time the ibuprofen wears off the paracetamol has kicked in.

Latest posts

Back