Trained to use certain tans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle'xo

Reaction score
Im getting fake bake spray tanning training in college within the next couple of months. I plan on setting up my own mobile tanning service however was wondering about different brands of tans. This might be a bit of a silly question but do you have to go through the brands training before using their products or can u just simply buy them and use them?x

You can just buy most of them, they never ask for certificates etc.

Hth x

You do not need to learn with the supplier. Once you have learnt to spray you will able to use any solution without needing to complete conversion courses.
If you choose to change solution you will then learn how to set your machine for that solution (as most solutions will have a slightly different setting to get the best from it).

Once you have the technique down pat you can use any solution you like.

I would recommend however that whichever brand you decide to go with, you get as much information about their tanning solution as possible. Different ingredients are used by different companies, the viscosity (thickness) of the solution may well be different and colour guides can be light or dark - it is very easy and tempting to overspray with a solution with a light colour guide and the opposite can be true with a solution with a dark colour guide.

Having tried over 300 different tans over the years I can vouch for the fact that some are a little different to work with (ie the way the look, feel and absorb into the skin) but the general technique is the same.

The professionals from the tanning company whose solution you decide to go with will know their product better than anyone else and can provide you with the detailed knowledge required to get the best results from their solution and for you to provide the correct information to your spray tan clientele.

Latest posts

Back