Training - Shellac Brings Them Back or Nail Styles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortshadylady

Reaction score
Hello geeks

I wonder if you can assist me at all. I am qualified in ITEC Level 2 Beauty Therapy and as such am qualified in manicure/pedicure. I qualified in 2010 but other commitments have prevented me from doing much with my qualification since. I have however recently purchased the kit required (from Sweetsquared) to provide a Shellac service intially to friends and family (as I have not yet attended a Shellac training course).

I have looked at the various education options from Sweetsquared and Ellisons and am now rather confused. What I wanted to ask was the difference between the 'Shellac Brings them Back' and 'CND Nail Styles' courses.

I am pretty sure that 'Shellac brings them back' is an introductory course which provides the knowledge required for Shellac application. From what I can gather is the 'Nail Styles' course is the next step.... rockstar, layering etc?? Is this the case or does the 'Nail Styles' course also teach the basics as well as the further steps? If this is the case, then I would book to attend the 'Nail Styles' course rather than both.

I do hope my ramblings make sense and thank you all in advance for any assistance! :hug:

I'm interested in hearing the response to this one as looking to book onto a shellac course soon myself.

I would call whoever is doing the class and ask that question. Here we have them together so, I am no good to help :)

Thank you! Yes, picking up the phone was my next move.... if I can get a minute away from a 6 year old monster who takes huge pleasure in interrupting any and all phone calls with all manner of 'urgencies'! Lol. Thank you again x

I have just completed my Shellac training as part of my complete course, but did model for a lady on the Shellac brings them back, this is the first step and is a great introduction to Shellac, including explaining Shellac itself, the lamp, application, french and removal.

I have also just been on the Nail Style course, this was brilliant and really good fun...it did include rockstars, other glitter styles, crystals and lots of other effects all using Shellac. But you need knowledge of shellac to do this course.

I would definitely recommend starting with Shellac brings them back. If you can, do both as they really compliment each other :D xx

Gosh thank you so much. This has perfectly answered my question. Thank you! All set then! I shall book the Shellac brings them back ASAP. I am actually producing some nice nails (toenails so far!) based on info I've learned on here and through a Shellac qualified friend but I think it's important to have that Certificate.

Oops! Sent too soon. Darned phone!

Thank you again and I will most certainly do both courses. :) x

It is good to do the course, some people on the course I modelled at had been offering Shellac for years and tbh weren't very good, there were also complete beginners too. The ea was able to look at their application and trouble shoot for them. Some didn't even know about the lamp - when to change bulbs etc or simple things like sealing/capping the free edge...I could go on and on...

There's a lot more to it than people think. As for nail style...brilliant, can't recommend it enough. You won't regret it. Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back