Training versus Treatments!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julesgems

Reaction score
Hi

This thread is directed at all those who are currently in training, but may be of some interest to those aiming to get into training!

When you first got involved in training, what were your expectations? I - for one - expected to have to drop some clients in order to fit training in. I thought it might be detrimental to my business. (I am first and foremost a mobile therapist). I thoroughly enjoy training people, but also love having my regular clients and performing treatments.

I am pleased to say that was not the case. Instead I have found that training has enhanced my business. It has made me more aware of my own professional practice when dealing with clients which in turn has made clients come back to me - time and time again, thus increasing my business.

Has it worked the other way for you? Do you find your client list getting shorter and your training days increasing? Have you sacrificed your clients in order to pursue a career in training?

I feel that right now the balance for me is just right. I train when required, but tend to fit training in around my clients and not the other way round.

I would be interested to know everyone's opinions!:)

Yes, I tend to have busy weeks with training and then it ebbs off. I try to fit clients around it so that they aren't put out too much, but it also makes me more in demand.
if a client rings for an appointment and I'm booked out for training I generally tell them that I'm fully booked, so most of my regular clients book 2 appointments in advance to ensure that they get the appointments that they want.

The past 2 weeks have been mega busy with training, but I've finished training and then started appointments straight after.

Yes, I tend to have busy weeks with training and then it ebbs off. I try to fit clients around it so that they aren't put out too much, but it also makes me more in demand.
if a client rings for an appointment and I'm booked out for training I generally tell them that I'm fully booked, so most of my regular clients book 2 appointments in advance to ensure that they get the appointments that they want.

The past 2 weeks have been mega busy with training, but I've finished training and then started appointments straight after.

Yes, Anne. This has been my experience also. I have found that because of the training I am more in demand for treatments.

This has had positive effects on my clients and my trainees.

More treatments = more experience, more experience benefits everyone - clients and trainees. It has meant less time off - I have been working most weekends since about March of this year, but I feel the end result is worth it. It is my dream to have my own training academy one day, but I intend to run it alongside my treatments and plan to keep my regular clients.

So for me it has been a win/win situation. But I know this is not always the case for everyone.

Latest posts

Back