Unenthusiastic clients - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone else get unenthusiastic clients? I remember when I had my hair extensions done I was over the moon, smiling, thanking the lady that did them, saying how in love I was. I did a lady last night, and she was enthusiastic over text, but once I had done them, she was all a bit “cheers cool” then got annoyed that uber wouldn’t work so she couldn’t get a taxi and was stood in my house like “oh god! This is so annoying!!” I was sat there like “ookkkay” . It made me feel a little deflated, maybe that she didn’t like them. She left cash for me, and left me £5 too much, I didn’t even think to check, so I have messaged her to ask for her account details to send it over to her, and she hasn’t messaged me back or said anything, makes me a little worried cause most girls will message me the next day saying how much they love them etc.

I don't do hair, I do beauty, but totally know what you mean. When I get a treatment or hair extensions done, I say at the time and sometimes afterwards too, how much I love it. But I have had a couple of clients that don't seem that fussed afterwards, not unhappy at all, but it would just be nice for them to seem more enthusiastic like you said! Don't take it personally at all, I'm sure she was really happy with her hair, some people just don't really show these things. As long as she doesn't contact you saying she is not happy with them, then put it out of your mind and have faith in yourself.

Wouldnt take it personally. I struggle with enthusiasm and showing it... im just shy though thats probably all it is

Hey all,

Does anyone else get unenthusiastic clients? I remember when I had my hair extensions done I was over the moon, smiling, thanking the lady that did them, saying how in love I was. I did a lady last night, and she was enthusiastic over text, but once I had done them, she was all a bit “cheers cool” then got annoyed that uber wouldn’t work so she couldn’t get a taxi and was stood in my house like “oh god! This is so annoying!!” I was sat there like “ookkkay” . It made me feel a little deflated, maybe that she didn’t like them. She left cash for me, and left me £5 too much, I didn’t even think to check, so I have messaged her to ask for her account details to send it over to her, and she hasn’t messaged me back or said anything, makes me a little worried cause most girls will message me the next day saying how much they love them etc.

Don't worry she probably love them as she has left you a tip.

Hey all,

I also find this hard .. People who are super hard to read.. Your like " ok do you love them or what's the story " and your just not getting anything back [emoji15]

But then I wear my heart totally on my sleeve and find it very hard to hide my emotions, some people are the opposite

Hey all,

Pmsl that ok really made me giggle :D I often have clients leave the shop & I think I'm never going to see them again, they must have really hated their hair because of the way they were then 6 weeks later their back and I'm like o_O heloo :) I thought you diddnt like it last time? they change their attitude then lol

Hey all,

Do you not usually get tips?

I didn't really think it was a tip, the remaining balance had a £5 in it, she left it to the nearest £10, I just thought, she might not have had a fiver on her. No I never get tips lol! Most people transfer me the deposit, and then either bring the cash or pay the remaining balance online on the day. My friends mum left me a tip! That's the only person so far!

I can't honestly say I get mega excited about having my extensions put in, was it a one off treat for her self? For me it's the norm and I'm not a fan of hair appointments full stop - are you otherwise happy with your work? If so, think rationally, don't take it to heart :) we're all different x

I can't honestly say I get mega excited about having my extensions put in, was it a one off treat for her self? For me it's the norm and I'm not a fan of hair appointments full stop - are you otherwise happy with your work? If so, think rationally, don't take it to heart :) we're all different x
Yeah I guess I never thought of it like that, she has had bonds before but the girl had put her prices up loads, that's why she wanted to try a weave. X

I didn't really think it was a tip, the remaining balance had a £5 in it, she left it to the nearest £10, I just thought, she might not have had a fiver on her. No I never get tips lol! Most people transfer me the deposit, and then either bring the cash or pay the remaining balance online on the day. My friends mum left me a tip! That's the only person so far!

Are you mobile/from home or in a salon? I find when I work from home/mobile I rarely get tips but in salon I usually get £50+ per week tips and 1 out of 3 will leave a £5-£10 tip after fitting extensions in salon.

If I am fully booked with appts all day I'll probably get about £3-£5 that day whereas if I've got room for walk ins be it a blow dry, gents cut, dry cut, I'll nearly always get tips which can go upwards of £10-£15 a day!

I heard a saying not long ago that hair stylists are the biggest tippers in restaurants/hotels because we know how detrimental to our wages they are! 100% true!

I always feel obliged to tip if I'm a returning customer haha

Latest posts

Back