Uniform layer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarabelle84

Reaction score
Hi

I am a first year at college and we are just learning the uniform layer. I am really struggling with the cut and was wondering if there are any hints or tips regarding this cut or is it a case of practice makes perfect?

I am fine with the back section but its when I get to the top of the head for some reason I end up with some bits of hair really short bits and some really long. All I can say is thank god it was my training heads I did this on.

Any advice would be great

Thank You

Last edited:
The way I got to grips with this cut is by remembering that wherever you are on the head....you should always cut at an equal distance from the head....the hair should be the same length all over....

Its not really the cutting thats difficult on this cut... its making sure your fingers are in the right place.... practice pulling the hair away from the head and imagine cutting everything at an equal distance from the scalp...the head is rounded...so remember to move your fingers round with the shape of the head...

x

i am level 3 and this cut took me the longest to get around...this is how i do it without getting lost...once i cut the back the front..i just lost it....section hair hot cross bun....from fringe/front to nape.1cm - 1inch wide ..cut your guide ...then from ear to ear cut your guide..like a cross..do the back using your guide across and down the head.using orange segments from centre - down..then when you come to the front...go across from ear to ear in strips..making sure your fingers are angled to the head shape..keep working in strips...your front to nape guide will be your guide for this....do this until you get to the front....trying to figure out how to copy a head sheet for this...hope you understand once you have mastered it get a head sheet drawn the way you did it..to refere to later...like i said why i dont know but this cut took me longer to master...p.s take your time as well so you dont get lost

thank you so much makes sense i think i can picture doing it will give it a go on my head later fingers crossed!

You are using some of your previous guideline in each new section you cut arent you?
And also bringing it out 90' straight out from the head from wherever the section is being taken from.

Its no good trying to remember how much you've cut when you've cut a guide for a reason

Latest posts

Back