Upset Over Hair Style

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tidy

Reaction score
i had a hen party yest and decided to go to a salon recommended by my sister, i rang and booked in for yest morning i wanted my clip in extensions clipped in and my hair curled and pulled to one side, i sat waiting for 45 mins as the place was busy, i didnt mind waiting once i knew she was going to doing a good job, after a long wait she seen i had the extensions in my hand she said you should of dropped them in hours ago and i would of had them curled to save time! i said when i booked nobody told me to bring them down, she started off by pulling my hair to the side put all my natural hair in a bun and curled the extensions and didnt used the clips to put the in she put over 50 slides on them and just attached them to my hair. am i wrong to think that she didnt do it right as any other time the stylist would section my hair clip them in and curl them and my natural hair. i have a side fringe the pulls to the left she blow dryed my fringe to the right which i was not happy about and i said it to her and she said there was nothing she could do. so i went to the hen after the girls reassuring me my hair was fine.not alone was i left feeling like she didnt listen! after looking at photo's today im not impressed the extensions looked stupid it looked like a hair piece stuck on the side of my hair, do i ring to complain or should i have complained on the spot? i felt like if i had of complained on the spot she would of would blew a fuse:Scared::Scared:

I know personally I would have clipped them in, but I guess as long as it looked okay and was secure at the end, it shouldn't matter.

Anyway, about the complaining...I don't know. It is a bit c$*p that she just said to you she couldn't do anything about you fringe..sounds like they were too booked up or she was particularly bad at time management, which is disappointing. I would probably give them a call and mention it...it could be that the manager wasn't in that day and they weren't aware of what happened, or that the boss is cramming the appointments in too tight to make more money.

I had a client in recently who had had her hair bleached at another salon and about a third of it had snapped off. I encouraged her to call and complain, not to get any money back or to get anything done to fix it (how can you fix hair thats snapped off) but because as a salonowner I would want to know this had happened if I wasn't in the salon that day. I don't reckon they'll offer you money back, and if they offered you a chance to go back next time you are heading out, would you take them up on it?

Thats just my opinion. Interested in what everyone else says. I would have also suggested taking your extensions in early...was the receptionist not a trained hairdresser? Could be a case of she didn't understand that this could be done to save time. xx

I had a client in recently who had had her hair bleached at another salon and about a third of it had snapped off. I encouraged her to call and complain, not to get any money back or to get anything done to fix it (how can you fix hair thats snapped off) but because as a salonowner I would want to know this had happened if I wasn't in the salon that day. I don't reckon they'll offer you money back, and if they offered you a chance to go back next time you are heading out, would you take them up on it?

this happened to me last sept and i cry having to go to another salon, my hair is about 2inch's long tha good bits and the bit that is left is very bad keeps snapping off and wont take to colour as good:cry: thats why i said i would go to a salon and get the extensions clipped in and curled thinking the extensions woud make it look like my hair aint as bad but the way she styled it it looked like she put my hair in a bun pulled to the side and stuck a hair piece on, looking at the photo's i feel like crying and trusting a hair dresser now is going to be very hard:cry: i know ppl say its only hair it will grow back but when its your own hair that snas off and your hair grow's very slow :cry:

I nearly cried when i saw this poors girls hair. luckily its growing back better now, but it was awful when i first saw her.

she maybe wasn't very confident or competent...I know i had a challenge when I put hers up for her graduation. Good luck with growing it back and I hope you are using good products now on it. xxx

I know its disappointing when your hair isn't done how you want it. On a styling appointment you really have to say at the time, although it sounds as though the hairdresser was rather intimidating. After the event, no salon owner can judge your complaint or make amends. Could you not have said to the receptionist that you didn't like it? She may have been able to get the manager to sort it out for you.

the place was tiny, it was above a news agents looked like the size of my downstairs bathroom i said size isnt everything and was praying it was going to be a good job, i took all the slides out of my hair sunday and i have little cuts from were she dug them in to hard:irked: there was no reception sadly there was 4 places to sit and get your hair done and they were full when i walked in 4 ppl sitting at the tables and 2 couch's full of ppl for colour:irked:

lesson learnt wont be going back, sadly iv to find another hair dressers to get my hair done for a wedding in march will be booking into a good salon regardless of the price:!:

Latest posts

Back