Using a pre made glitter nail tip and apply Shellac in top?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
Is it possible to apply a glitter nail tip and then use just shellac on top? (I'm thinking either base and top coat or just top coat on its own?)

I ask this as someone who is nvq3 qualified but doesn't want the heaviness of a full set of gel/acrylics and just wants a quick way to secure the nail tips in order to create something that will last up to ten days or so just on my own nails. Im hoping to do prep, apply some pre made glitter tips and then apply shellac, possibly with some nail art. I say this as someone with long nail beds who can get away with this aesthetically if it's something that is going to be technically sound :)

What are your thoughts?

What you're suggesting are Weekend tips, where they'll only last for the day, maybe two. Shellac doesn't have the strength to keep them there, which is why you use a hard gel, soak off or otherwise. Tips usually have to be blended too, they're too thick to leave especially if only Shellac is going on them, so that will take design off when you're blending.

The shellac wouldn't be strong enough to do this. You would need to use either hard gel or a strong soak off gel (Brisa lite sculpting gel is good)

Latest posts

Back