Using shells in nail art...??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcat85

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I bought some crushed shells to use with gel, I started putting the crushed shell on the tips of the nails but it looked really thick....:irked:

Anyone got any advice / tips??

Thanks

i usually use the crushed shell on the smile line to enhance it. curve it round and keep it thin.

She just said she was putting it on the tips, but was asking for advice how to to not make it thick.

I have used shells too and found first time it was really thick. So next time I chose ome that werent as chunky (or you can crush down your larger ones)....as for advice to get it thin....well I'll wait for someone to help as all I can say is use smaller chunks or crush them smaller.....:)

I apply shelly's between the layers.
With a Refill>
I take off the old Design and blend it,then I apply a thin coat,then go in the Lamp, then I apply the shell's - one more time in the Lamp. Then I build the Arch with the UV gel over the Shelly's and after this coat is hart i file it in shape. Top Coat and done
Shells and other Nail Art stuff that would make the Nail to thick I always apply it between the the 1st thin coat and the coat to built the apex. ( Sorry I don't know the professional terms for it)

I apply shelly's between the layers.
With a Refill>
I take off the old Design and blend it,then I apply a thin coat,then go in the Lamp, then I apply the shell's - one more time in the Lamp. Then I build the Arch with the UV gel over the Shelly's and after this coat is hart i file it in shape. Top Coat and done
Shells and other Nail Art stuff that would make the Nail to thick I always apply it between the the 1st thin coat and the coat to built the apex. ( Sorry I don't know the professional terms for it)

thats an interesting way...although i can imagine it being rather bulky..but i think i'll have a wizz at it lol

I am glad you know what I mean. I am really sorry. o really have to lern the English terms for nail tec's *lol*
On this way I also work tried leafs in Gel Nails. And the Nails don't get bulky and nothing. if you work more with stuff like that you make your experiences how you have to shape the nail before you even start so it will look good in the end

Here is an example for leafs ( can't find one with shells right now)

Hope it is ok that i bring p a pic of my work in here as example. The leafs are really stiff and hart to work into Gel Nails like shells are

wow those nails look great!
i look forward to seeing some shell ones if you find a pic!
well done!

Ok I will keep looking for one. I just have made so many nails during the last year that I have way to much pictures of it. If I can't find it I just will do a design asap with shells and I will post it in here. Just have to talk a client in to that *lol*

Latest posts

Back