vctc nail tech level 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobo

Reaction score
hi guys

how competent were you after completing your vctc level 2 in nail tech/treatment/art. I never did this as went private.
also how long did the course take??
Any info will be much appreciated

NOT VERYI wish i had been able to afford the creative foundation course to start off with !!!!!

It Takes A Year To Do Course.
I Really Enjoyed It-i Finish In June

:irked: :rolleyes: :cry:
Must have bin me tutor!!!!....x

i am studing vtct and an nqv at the moment at home. i have 3 years to complete the course but can submit my work before then. i have completed most of it. it has been hard work so far, lots of reading for the thoery paper.

once i submit my paperwork to the trainer and she thinks i am ready for my practical test i have to go and do 1 hand tips/overlay any system and the othere hand infills/rebalance. would like to complete this all by the end of the summer which would be around 1 year of studing. the hardest part at the moment is putting it all together.

hope this helps you a bit, and there are a lot of other on here who are studing or have studied for these exams who might be able to help more

My post was a little breif so i will explain why i am unhappy about the course.

My tutor was lovely ,but from day one it was evident that i was going to pick it up easily,so my tutor pretty much left me to it as she had a large group to teach,this was my down fall.

My application is better than some i have seen,don't get me wrong,but when i do something i want to be the best i can.Unfortunately for me,my tutor did not have the time to spend with me to PERFECTmy apllication.

Although the exams can be failed.it is a fact that college courses are designed so that everyone passes,wtf!

Basically what i am saying is that i trained at college because i could not afford the creative foundation course,but i am now saving the pennies to do a conversion and a few 121's.

Hth

Good luck x

VTCT Manicures & Pedicures 20 weeks - very competent
VTCT Nail Art 20 weeks - very competent
VTCT Nail Enhancements 1 year - very competent at applying tips......found everything else to be very basic, if I'd known better I would have trained with Ez Flow from the start.
Oh well you and and learn I suppose:rolleyes:

1999judy said:
VTCT Manicures & Pedicures 20 weeks - very competent
VTCT Nail Art 20 weeks - very competent
VTCT Nail Enhancements 1 year - very competent at applying tips......found everything else to be very basic, if I'd known better I would have trained with Ez Flow from the start.
Oh well you and and learn I suppose:rolleyes:

No bloody wonder my course was pants:cry: ,VTCT nail enhancements 25 weeks:eek: l+p application,infill,and removal were mainly ccovered,with a demo of sculpting and permanant french.:mad:

How can that be ?

becki x said:
No bloody wonder my course was pants:cry: ,VTCT nail enhancements 25 weeks:eek: l+p application,infill,and removal were mainly ccovered,with a demo of sculpting and permanant french.:mad:

How can that be ?

VTCT have totally different ways of teaching in every college, from what I gather there are no set rules for these courses. It all depends on what the college wants, the tutors and internal verifiers.
IMO there needs to be one course for the whole of the country that all abides by the same set of rules (and also has tutors who are passionate about nails). I doubt this will happen though.

1999judy said:
VTCT have totally different ways of teaching in every college, from what I gather there are no set rules for these courses. It all depends on what the college wants, the tutors and internal verifiers.
IMO there needs to be one course for the whole of the country that all abides by the same set of rules (and also has tutors who are passionate about nails). I doubt this will happen though.

I totally agrees,i do feel a bit robbed though lol.

I also think that these courses should be graded,eg when i did hairdressing i left with the same qualification as the others in my group who could only just manage a blow dry,it's disheartening and something needs to be done.

Ok rant over !

thanks for that guys
have a lady who wants a job, she passed vtct 2 years ago and has done ezflow conversion and gel conversion as well as some further l&p training.
She should be worth interviewing than and I'll put her into action on my mate who is so bad with nails!!!!cruel yes but you cant let em do something easy can you!!!!!!lol lol lol. I just hope shes good. can't beleive how many so called techs have got their qualifications!!!thay don't prep correctly etc etc the list goes on. I think every tech should have to join the geek site and see what its all about!!!:green:

Latest posts

Back