Ventilation help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelardn

Reaction score
Had a visit from environmental health today. Only thing I don't seem to have is adequate ventilation. Can you share your ways of ventilation in the salon as I now have 3 months to put something better into place!

Ah, I'm afraid I cant offer much helpful advice but I will be interested to see what others say because I am on the lookout for effective and relatively economical ventilation myself. I have one of those desks with the built in fan but its worse than useless, I dont even turn it on ay more. The grill that covers it isnt held down with anything it just sits on top of the hole, and it tends to move around when I'm working which is irritating. I intend to get some desktop ventilation, and resurface my nail table to cover the hole.

I remember a while back someone posted on here about a ventilation system which is a separate unit that sits under your desk, and a tube (a bit like the tube that comes off your tumble dryer that you stick out of the window) sits right next to your working area to suck all the dust and fumes directly out of your working area. I've tried searching the forums and I've tried googling it but I cant find anything. When I do find out what it is I will be investing in it because it sounds great.

Well, its hard to know what to suggest because I don't know your set up.
I have a window at the back of my salon and two windows and a door at the front so that's how I ventilate my place.

You need a way of getting Fresh air into your working space and nail and tan fumes out.
If you're in an internal room then you need to get a large air filter and ventilation ducts I guess?

I have a lot of clients come to me moaning that their last technician was in an internal room and it gave them migraines being in there.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help! x

Had a visit from environmental health today. Only thing I don't seem to have is adequate ventilation. Can you share your ways of ventilation in the salon as I now have 3 months to put something better into place!

U can get surface fans that's u rest on while doing nails and it takes all the dust , u should alo keep all ur products lid'd to prevent fumes and open a window if it gets too much , what type of desk u got xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Sorry I'm situated in a hair salon. We have just had new windows fitted which are floor to ceiling so the only way to get air in is through the door or the extractor fan I have had fitted above the door.
The guy said the fan is not adequate and I need to extract fumes and dust directly from my desk to the outside.
It was an on the spot visit but thankfully I have everything else covered. Apparently they are doing a clamp down due to mma products in the area I work.
I have only been in the salon for 2 months so I'm looking for something that's not going to break the bank as everything I looked at last nite is costing thousands which I just donot have.
My desk has an extractor fan but to be honest it's not the best (second hand desk) but something I may have to look into replacing sooner rather than later.
Sorry for the essay but I'm kinda in shock as I thought everything I was doing was adequate xx

Latest posts

Back