Vertical sunbeds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junejuno

Reaction score
Does anyone have vertical sunbeds in their salon? I have been looking at hiring one. Some take tokens and profits are shared by the leasing company 50/50.

Can anyone say f they are worth having,probable taking etc.?

Hi Ya

i have 2 in my shop, whatever you do make sure you lease them and do not do profit share.

My ones take tokens. Believe it or not people still use sunbeds before and after there holiday.

maybe just get 1 for now and see how it goes if you contact Epcot you can cancel the policy at anytime if you feel they are not taking off.

Hope this helps
x

Forgot to mention you will need to get your electrics look at as its not a standard cable mine costed approx £550.

I dont think proit sharing works out too well - your better off trying to lease the bed. Make sure your well educated reg the beds, understand about tanning and creams and have good aftercare for your clients. They are still hugely popular but nothing is worse than not educating your clients on mis-use as you'll come up against some very strong opinons and its the only way to stand your ground.

I would recommend you start with a profit share situation..one that has no contract term and try and negotiate a 60/40 split in your favour.

This is a safer route to take in the initial term as the supplier is obligated to install the equipment and replace lamps as and when needed.
You of course will be required to provide the electricity supply adjacent to where the equipment is to be instlled...if you don't have a 3 phase electrical supply then this can be costly as will involve getting the electricity board in to upgrade your incoming supply and metering etc.

Profit share works well for you as you can test the market ..if the uptake is low you don't loose out..if the uptake increases profit share becomes expensive...either negotiate a better profit split or simply terminate the agreement and buy/contract hire equipment.

A much safer route to take from an investment security perspective
HTH

can you not just buy one out right? i am getting one aswell and didnt really want to lease one. would you say you get more benfits leaseing??

thanks

Yeah you can buy outright but they are really expensive. I think its better to lease the machines, the plus on this is they service, change tubes, and if newer models come out you can always upgrade where as if you buy your stuck with it unless you can sell on.

a really good bed can cost 14k if not more brand new, I lease my 2 and pay every month.

HTH

Yeah you can buy outright but they are really expensive. I think its better to lease the machines, the plus on this is they service, change tubes, and if newer models come out you can always upgrade where as if you buy your stuck with it unless you can sell on.

a really good bed can cost 14k if not more brand new, I lease my 2 and pay every month.

HTH

Thanks Hun, will just have make sure i research both options.

i guess people would advise me not to buy a secondhand machine..have seen one thats 3 years old and its going for 5k.

Thank you all for your replies, they are much appreciated. I was going to look at a profit share as I have no idea how well it will do. I am presently having electrical work done so the supply is not a problem.

Thanks Carlylee for the Epcot advice

Can anyone give me an idea of how much you can take on one of these items (gross) say in a week?

No problem

Just to answer your last question. I have had my sunbed for 4 weeks now.

A lot of people tend to buy courses up front and they are used daily. My sunbed lease is well covered and the electric. You will also make extra margin on upselling the creams.

Good luck x

Thanks again Carlydee. What a fabulous site this is. :)

Hi

I bought a recondition one, with brandnew tubes and with a small changeing room ... this was a 3rd of the price to buy a new one, all customers were bothered about was the watts of the tubes ... mine does fantastic, not had one bad month yet, (nearly had It a year) Its paid for Its self within 3mths..

creams sell too, I buy the bottles, then refill small pots and sell them for £1 a pot, they go so fast

Goodluck

TT

Latest posts

Back